- On the ‘Let's get you started with Sharesight’ page, select the 'Import from a Broker' tile and click on Questrade broker tile.
- From the 'Import your historical trade from your Questrade account' window, select the Questrade link.
- In the Questrade ‘Account activity’ banner, select the date range of the period covering trades you would like to import into Sharesight.
- Then select ‘Export to Excel’. This will download all buy and sell trades made by Questrade (in the date range selected) into a CSV file which can then be uploaded directly into Sharesight.
Note: If you have changed brokers and transferred the holdings to Questrade these trades will not be in the ‘Exported to Excel’ file and will not be imported into Sharesight. These trades and holdings can be added manually.
- Upload the file in the Questrade broker tile.
- The ‘Trades to import into Portfolio’ page will show an itemised list of all trades imported from the Questrade exported Excel file. Verify and edit the trade data as required. If trades appear in red, this means that Sharesight can’t upload the trade or the trade will cause errors in your portfolio. The solutions to common errors can be found here.
7 Once you have verified the trade data, select ‘Finish and Import All’.
8 Once the trades are saved, your Sharesight portfolio will be populated and the Portfolio Overview Page will load.
Your holdings will be calculated by Sharesight’s performance calculation methodology, which is a money-weighted return methodology, meaning the investment performance figures take account of the size and timing of cash flows. Sharesight will automatically create dividends and corporate actions for the holdings you have imported.
Now that you have populated your portfolio, we recommend you verify and confirm automatically generated data and set up the Trade Confirmation Email Import feature to automatically import future trades.