How to bulk import your buy and sell trades from Praemium
- Login to your Praemium account and download the Premium Trading History CSV file by navigating to the portfolio. Click 'Transaction History' on the 'Trading Activity' dropdown menu. Then select the timeframe of historical trades from the dropdown menu. Click the 'Export' button.
Note: If the file contains corporate actions and entitlements these will not be imported into Sharesight. The corporate actions will need to be handled manually.
- Login to Sharesight.
- On the ‘Let's get you started with Sharesight’ page, select the ‘Import from a Broker’ tile.
- Select the Praemium tile.
- Select ‘Choose file’.
- From the ‘Open file’ window, find and select your download Premium Trading History CSV file. The file will likely be in your downloads folder.
- Click ‘Open’.
- Click ‘Upload’.
- The ‘Trades to import into Portfolio’ page will show an itemised list of all trades imported from the CSV file. Verify and edit the trade data as required. If trades appear in red, this means that Sharesight can’t upload the trade or the trade will cause errors in your portfolio. The solutions to common errors can be found here.
- Once you have verified the trade data, click ‘Save all transactions’.
- Once the trades are saved, your Sharesight portfolio will be populated and the portfolio overview page will load.
Your holdings will be calculated with Sharesight’s performance calculation methodology, which is a money-weighted return methodology, meaning the performance figures take account of the size and timing of cash flows. Sharesight will automatically create dividends and corporate actions for the holdings you have imported.
Now that you have populated your portfolio we recommend you:
1 - Review the trades imported:
a - Handle any negative holdings - Holdings with less buy trades than sell trades (occurs when you have transferred stocks from another broker).
b - Check fractional share trades for rounding differences.
c - Exchange rates are generated by Sharesight using the end of day exchange rate. These can be edited within the trade.
d - Handle any non automated corporate actions, such as mergers etc.
2 - Verify and confirm automatically generated data (dividends and corporate actions).
3 - Share access of your portfolio with your accountant.
4 - Add your other investments to Sharesight.
5 - Use Sharesight to help you complete your tax return.