Sharesight20 top 20 trades in US stocks – November 2020
Disclaimer: The below article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. Always check with your financial adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Welcome to the November 2020 edition of the Sharesight20USA monthly trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks on the Nasdaq, NYSE and AMEX over the month.
In November’s Sharesight20USA snapshot, buy and sell trades were led by EV rivals Nio (NYSE: NIO) and Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA), which have both experienced strong growth over the past month. E-commerce giants Alibaba (NYSE: BABA) and Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) also made the list of top trades, with Alibaba again posting strong Singles’ Day sales while accusations of unethical practices at Amazon continue to burden the brand. At the same time, ‘Covid stocks’ Teladoc Health (NYSE: TDOC) and Zoom (NASDAQ: ZM) saw large swings after analysts questioned whether their rapid growth will continue post-pandemic.
Let’s look at the news behind the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Nio market cap surpasses BMW and General Motors
- Nio shares down 3% despite strong Q3 results
- Are China’s EV companies a collection of bubble stocks?
- Nio deliveries expected to grow in Q4
- Analysts bullish on Nio; expect sales growth in coming years
- Tesla market cap surges past $500b USD as it prepares to debut on S&P 500
- Plans to build world’s largest battery factory in Germany
- Alibaba shares plummet as company faces regulatory scrutiny
- Singles’ Day sales reach $103b, while share price drops by 10%
- Worst week for Alibaba shares since 2015
- Apple shares fall despite better-than-expected earnings report
- Warren Buffet sells $36m-worth of Apple shares, reducing company stake by 3.7%
- Apple slashes AppStore commissions: Could this affect share prices?
- Amazon wins lawsuit over poaching eBay sellers
- Amazon’s surveillance of Australian workers may be considered illegal
- Investigation into Amazon over breach of EU antitrust rules (press release)
- Palantir stock skyrockets by 139% in November; attributed to earnings report and US election results
- Palantir records 52% sales growth in first earnings report since IPO
- Potential deal with UK government to support contract tracing for Covid-19
- Microsoft stock drops slightly on news of Salesforce’s Slack acquisition plans
- Plans to launch sustainable data centre in Sweden in 2021
- Stock falls despite impressive Q1 earnings
- Teladoc Health completes Livongo merger (press release)
- Teladoc’s latest earnings report reveals higher-than-expected losses
- CEO says virtual care will keep growing post-pandemic
- Zoom stock tumbles on Covid vaccine news
- Is Zoom overvalued? Caution grows among analysts
- Zoom stock climbs again as US Covid cases worsen
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income (upcoming dividends)
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Sharesight product updates – December 2023
This month, we added support for five global brokers, plus the Istanbul Stock Exchange, along with a series of UX improvements across the product.
Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – November 2023
Welcome to the November 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks.
Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – November 2023
Welcome to the November 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX.