Sharesight20 top 20 trades on ASX – August 2020
Disclaimer: The below article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. Always check with your financial adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Welcome to the August 2020 edition of the Sharesight20ASX monthly trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX during the month.
In August’s Sharesight20ASX snapshot, Mesoblast (ASX: MSB) dominates the list of buy and sell trades, as investors cash in on the hype around the company’s ongoing clinical trials. Interest in the buy-now-pay-later (BNPL) sector also continues from last month, as main players Afterpay (ASX: APT) and Zip Co (ASX: Z1P) make big moves towards international expansion.
Let’s look at the news behind some of the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Share prices soar as Mesoblast progresses on Covid-19 vaccine and stem cell treatment
- ASX propped up by Mesoblast share price gains
- Business booming for Mesoblast during Covid-19
- Mesoblast share price drops after FDA reports released on stem cell therapy
- Afterpay lands $80 million European expansion deal
- Afterpay breaks records as demand for BNPL market share grows
- Klarna to rival Afterpay in the US market
- Afterpay doubles expected earnings
- Australians swapping credit cards for BNPL apps
- Bosch pens materials handling deal with CSL
- CSL predicts weak FY21 performance
- CSL increases dividend price
- Shareholders to vote on Zip Co’s acquisition of QuadPay
- Zip Co has a record-breaking Q4
- Zip Co targeting US growth
- ‘BNPL bubble’ not a concern, says Zip Co
- Telstra appoints Expert360 founder as director
- Telstra dividend up in the air
- FY20 profits see 14% drop
- Telstra invests $1B in new tech stack
- CBA dividend payout better than expected despite profit loss
- CBA served with class action; accused of insurance rort
- Big pay rise for CBA executives despite falling FY20 profits
- CBA temporarily closes 114 branches Australia-wide due to Covid-19 downturn
- Kogan profits surge 56% as shoppers turn online
- Founders sell $163 million worth of shares
- Kogan joins JB Hi-Fi as best-faring Australian retailers amid Covid-19 downturn
- More Westpac money laundering and counter-terrorism breaches discovered
- ResMed optimistic on future post-Covid-19
- ResMed posts strong Q4 results
- ResMed joins list of Covid-boosted businesses
- Q3 results better than expected for NAB
- Thousands of NAB jobs on the line amid company restructure
- NAB slashes branch hours in regional towns
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income (upcoming dividends)
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
How InstructAnt improves client service with Sharesight and AdviserLogic
We talk to InstructAnt, a small accounting and financial planning firm that uses the Sharesight/AdviserLogic integration to improve client service.
Australian ETF distribution components now available for FY22/23
Sharesight now has updated ETF distribution component information for the FY22/23 Australian tax year for most Australian ETFs.
Sharesight product updates – September 2023
Major updates for the past month include the rollout of our new exposure report, plus support for five new brokers and over 80,000 Luxembourg funds.