Sharesight20 top 20 trades on NZX – August 2020
Disclaimer: The below article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. Always check with your financial adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Welcome to the August 2020 edition of the Sharesight20NZX monthly trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades on the NZX made by Sharesight users during the month.
Sharesight20 top 20 NZX trades August 2020
In August’s Sharesight20NZX snapshot, buy trades are strongly led by the Smartshares NZ Top 50 (NZX: FNZ) and US 500 (NZX: USF) ETFs, followed by a2 Milk (NZX: ATM), which has announced record-breaking profits for FY20. Sell trades are led by Auckland International Airport (NZX: AIA) and Air New Zealand (NZX: AIR), which have been hit particularly hard by Covid-19.
Let’s look at the news behind the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
The a2 Milk Company (NZX: ATM)
- A2 Milk appoints new CEO
- A2 Milk sees record-breaking profits, spurred by ‘pantry stocking’ amid pandemic
- Plans to purchase 75% stake in Kiwi dairy business
- A2 hopes NZ heritage will help protect Chinese ties
Ebos Group Ltd (NZX: EBO)
- Record profits for Ebos Group
- Chemist Warehouse and TWC credited for Ebos growth
- Ebos included in NZ Covid-19 ‘winners’
Air New Zealand Ltd (NZX: AIR)
- Air NZ leasing out office space due to Covid cost woes
- Air NZ cuts Auckland flights
- Second lockdown puts further pressure on Air NZ
- NZ travel bubble may not end until 2021
Cannasouth (NZX: CBD)
- Cannasouth continues to climb the NZX
- Cannasouth competitor Rua Bioscience to join NZX
- Growing interest in cannabis market as NZ referendum looms
Oceania Healthcare Ltd (NZX: OCA)
- Oceania Healthcare reports steady earnings despite Covid-19
- Covid fears delay construction of Nelson aged care facility
- NZ aged care homes move to alert level 4
Auckland International Airport Ltd (NZX: AIA)
- Profits down $80 million for AIA
- AIA one of world’s busiest airports amid pandemic
- AIA share price has dropped 36% since last year
Track your investment portfolio with Sharesight
Get access to Sharesight20 insights like this by tracking your investment portfolio with Sharesight. Built for the needs of investors like you:
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income (upcoming dividends)
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
What is debt recycling and how does it work?
Debt recycling is a process that can potentially make you more money by turning non-deductible debt into deductible debt. How does it work? Keep reading.
Top 50 finance and investing podcasts in 2023
The Sharesight team has put together a list of the top 50 investing, personal finance and business news podcasts worldwide.
How one investor uses Sharesight to understand her true performance
Part of our Sharesight customer experience series, this video features Nikky W., an investor who has been tracking her portfolio with Sharesight since 2020.