Sharesight20 top 20 trades on NZX – August 2020
Disclaimer: The below article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. Always check with your financial adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Welcome to the August 2020 edition of the Sharesight20NZX monthly trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades on the NZX made by Sharesight users during the month.
In August’s Sharesight20NZX snapshot, buy trades are strongly led by the Smartshares NZ Top 50 (NZX: FNZ) and US 500 (NZX: USF) ETFs, followed by a2 Milk (NZX: ATM), which has announced record-breaking profits for FY20. Sell trades are led by Auckland International Airport (NZX: AIA) and Air New Zealand (NZX: AIR), which have been hit particularly hard by Covid-19.
Let’s look at the news behind the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- A2 Milk appoints new CEO
- A2 Milk sees record-breaking profits, spurred by ‘pantry stocking’ amid pandemic
- Plans to purchase 75% stake in Kiwi dairy business
- A2 hopes NZ heritage will help protect Chinese ties
- Record profits for Ebos Group
- Chemist Warehouse and TWC credited for Ebos growth
- Ebos included in NZ Covid-19 ‘winners’
- Air NZ leasing out office space due to Covid cost woes
- Air NZ cuts Auckland flights
- Second lockdown puts further pressure on Air NZ
- NZ travel bubble may not end until 2021
- Cannasouth continues to climb the NZX
- Cannasouth competitor Rua Bioscience to join NZX
- Growing interest in cannabis market as NZ referendum looms
- Oceania Healthcare reports steady earnings despite Covid-19
- Covid fears delay construction of Nelson aged care facility
- NZ aged care homes move to alert level 4
- Profits down $80 million for AIA
- AIA one of world’s busiest airports amid pandemic
- AIA share price has dropped 36% since last year
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income (upcoming dividends)
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – November 2023
Welcome to the November 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks.
Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – November 2023
Welcome to the November 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX.
Emotionally intelligent investing: How to make smarter decisions
We explain some of the common pitfalls investors face when making decisions, and what you can do to become a more emotionally intelligent investor.