Sharesight20 top 20 trades on NZX - July 2020
Disclaimer: The below article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. Always check with your financial adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Welcome to the July 2020 edition of the Sharesight20NZX monthly trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users' top 20 trades on the NZX during the month.
Here are July’s top 20 NZX trades.
Sharesight20 top 20 NZX trades July 2020
In July’s Sharesight20NZX snapshot, infrastructure investment company Infratil Limited (NZX: IFT) dominated the list of buy trades after succeeding to raise $300 million from investors. Investors also took advantage of Pacific Edge’s (NZX: PEB) surging share prices, making it the most sold stock in this month’s snapshot.
Let’s look at the news behind the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
Infratil Ltd (NZX: IFT)
- Infratil succeeds in $300m capital raise
- Infratil subsidiary CDC Data Centres to develop "hyperscale" centres in Auckland
- Agreement to bail out Wellington Airport
Pacific Edge (NZX: PEB)
- Pacific Edge announces $22 million investment deal
- Pacific Edge share price surges 100% after CMS partnership announcement
- Cxbladder cancer diagnostic kit approved for US market
SkyCity Entertainment Group (NZX: SKC)
- SkyCity Adelaide announces AU$330m upgrade
- New jobs planned for Adelaide expansion
- SkyCity gets $9.4m wage subsidy extension
- Positive recovery since SkyCity’s New Zealand businesses reopened in May
Air New Zealand Ltd (NZX: AIR)
- Air New Zealand expected to return to 70% capacity in August
- Freeze on international bookings extended
- Air New Zealand launches credit redemption tool for customers
- Air New Zealand CEO divulges two-year plan
Metlifecare (NZX: MET)
- Metlifecare initiates share purchase agreement with EQT Infrastructure
- Metlifecare directors split over EQT share takeover decision
- Substantial shareholder Maso Capital withdraws Chairman spill request
- EQT lowers Metlifecare takeover bid after previous deal terminated
Track your investment portfolio with Sharesight
Get access to Sharesight20 insights like this by tracking your investment portfolio with Sharesight. Built for the needs of investors like you:
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income (upcoming dividends)
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – May 2023
Welcome to the May 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX.
Track Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies with Sharesight
Investors can automatically track more than 100 leading cryptocurrencies in Sharesight, with prices updated every five minutes.
How SMSF trustees can get EOFY-ready
Keep reading to learn more about how Sharesight saves SMSF trustees time and money at tax time, and how trustees can get EOFY-ready with Sharesight.