Sharesight20 top 20 trades on NZX – October 2020
Disclaimer: The below article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. Always check with your financial adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Welcome to the October 2020 edition of the Sharesight20NZX monthly trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades on the NZX made by Sharesight users during the month.
In October’s Sharesight20NZX snapshot, buy trades were led by the Smartshares NZ Top 50 ETF (NZX: FNZ), followed by a2 Milk (NZX: ATM), which has seen falling share prices as the company’s growth slows amid the Coronavirus pandemic. Sell trades were led by Contact Energy (NZX: CEN), which has recently faced delays on its landmark Tauhara geothermal project, but has seen growth in its share price as investors speculate that the company will soon enter the MSCI New Zealand Index.
Let’s look at the news behind the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- a2 Milk weighs down the NZX; loses all gains earned during Covid period
- Improved purity testing could expand the A2 milk market; create competition for a2
- Speculation on more China troubles for a2 as trade restrictions increase
- Spark’s partnership with Nokia brings 5G to Auckland (press release)
- Spark enters Trans-Tasman IoT network agreement with NNNCo
- Spark launches on-premises visual voicemail with Norwood Systems
- Air NZ offers ‘mystery breaks’ for domestic travellers
- Air NZ participates in Trans-Tasman travel bubble
- Draws from government credit; prepares for capital raise
- Air NZ CFO resigns, adding to executive team losses
- Pacific Edge moves into the S&P/NZX 50 Indices
- Changes to Pacific Edge’s executive suite as company grows
- Success in the US as Cxbladder testing covered by Medicare (press release)
- Speculation Contact Energy may enter the MSCI New Zealand Index
- Contact Energy ready to restart $600 million Tauhara geothermal project
- NZ policy shocks threaten renewable energy projects
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income (upcoming dividends)
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Top countries and brokers Aussies use to invest in global markets
Looking at data from our userbase, we delve into Aussie investors' favourite global markets and stocks, plus the brokers they use for international trades.
Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – September 2023
Welcome to the September 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks.
Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – September 2023
Welcome to the September 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX.