Note: This only imports your trade history. Once you have imported your history, set up the Trade Confirmation Emails feature to automatically import future trades.
- On the ‘Let's get you started with Sharesight’ page, select the ‘Import from your Broker’ and then click on the ‘BMO’ tile .
- From the ‘Looking to import trades from BMO InvestorLine’ window, select the BMO InvestorLine link.
- Login to BMO InvestorLine.
- Navigate to your trading account.
- Find the link to download your trades. This is typically labelled ‘trades’ or ‘confirmations’. The correct downloaded file is titled: [numbers]TransactionHistory[numbers].
- Open the downloaded file and add a column titled 'Market Code'. This is required content for the file to successfully upload.
Against each trade add the market code under which the stock is held, e.g. TSE, CNSX, NASDAQ, NYSE. For other stock exchange codes, please refer to the Supported Stock Exchanges help page.
Note: When saving the file make sure you save it as a CSV format.
- Upload the file in the BMO broker tile.
- The ‘Trades to import into Portfolio’ page will show an itemised list of all trades imported from the CSV file. Verify and edit the trade data as required. If trades appear in red, this means that Sharesight can’t upload the trade or the trade will cause errors in your portfolio. The solutions to common errors can be found here.
- Once you have verified the trade data, click ‘Finish and Import All’.
- Once the trades are saved, your Sharesight portfolio will be populated and the Portfolio Overview Page will load.
Your holdings will be calculated by Sharesight’s performance calculation methodology, which is a money-weighted return methodology, meaning the investment performance takes account of the size and timing of cash flows.
Sharesight will automatically create dividends and corporate actions for the holdings you have imported.
Once you have populated your portfolio, we recommend you verify and confirm any automatically generated data.