Sharesight allows you to bulk import your historical buy and sell trades directly from Qtrade Investor. Keep reading to learn how.
How to import your historical trades
- On the ‘Let’s get started by adding some trades’ page, select the Qtrade Investor tile from the ‘Broker & Provider Import’ tab on the right-hand side of the screen.
- From the ‘Looking to import trades from Qtrade Investor’ window, select the Qtrade Investor link.
- Login to Qtrade Investor.
- Navigate to your trading account. Find the link to download your trades. This is typically labelled ‘trades’ or ‘confirmations’. The correct downloaded file is titled: [Number]AccountHistory_[YYYY-MM-DD]
- Open the downloaded file and add a column titled 'Market Code'. This is required content for the file to successfully upload.
Against each trade add the relevant stock market code, e.g. TSE, CNSX, NASDAQ, NYSE. For other Stock Exchange codes, please refer to the Supported Stock Exchanges help page.
- If the ‘Transaction Type’ column contains more than ‘Buy’ and ‘Sell’ transactions, all the other content needs to be filtered out. To do this, use the filter feature in your spreadsheet program.
- From the ‘Looking to import trades from Qtrade Investor’ window, click the ‘upload a file’ button.
8 From the ‘Looking to import trades from Qtrade Investor’ window, click the ‘Finish and Import All’ button.
- Once the trades are imported , your Sharesight portfolio will be populated and the Portfolio Overview Page will load.
Your holdings will be calculated with Sharesight’s performance calculation methodology, which is a money-weighted return methodology, meaning the performance figures take account of the size and timing of cash flows.
Sharesight will automatically create dividends and corporate actions for the holdings you have imported.
Now that you have populated your portfolio we recommend you verify and confirm automatically generated data and set up the broker email import feature to automatically import future trades.