Blog | Release notes
Sharesight release notes – October 2022
by Ben Clendon, Head of Product, Sharesight | Nov 7th 2022
In October our key priority continued to be our UX and brand updates. Last week we pushed a major update to our colours and as I write this we are in the process of launching our new look. You can find out more about this exciting endeavour here.
UX / Usability improvements
- Introduced a new colour scheme that impacts every page in the product.
- Improved the loading time of the Dashboard view for professional users, specifically staff, by up to 85% in some cases.
- Introduced the third tranche of a revamped payouts table and form, this time extending our new payouts in New Zealand portfolios from our Investor and Expert users only, to all users.
New Functionality / Enhancements
- Introduced the ability to identify all portfolios that contain a specific holding. This is particularly useful for our professional users with many portfolios.
- Added support for the Bucharest (BVB) and Indonesia (IDX) stock exchanges.
- Introduced a new Resident Withholding Tax (RWT) field on all foreign payouts in New Zealand portfolios. Capturing this value is particularly useful when your investments are held through custodial arrangements.
Sharesight release notes – May 2023
by Ben Clendon | Jun 7th 2023
For May, key updates include a huge expansion of our crypto support, a new wizard to bulk upload custom investment prices, and support for another 56 countries.
Save time and money by sharing your portfolio with your accountant
by Stephanie Stefanovic | Jun 1st 2023
It's easy to save time and money at tax time by sharing access to your Sharesight portfolio with your accountant. Keep reading to learn more.
Investing tips | Product features
Calculating taxable gains on share trading in New Zealand
by David Olsen | Jun 1st 2023
While no general capital gains tax applies in New Zealand, a tax on gains made may apply to NZ investors who trade in equity or foreign debt investments.