Sharesight20 top 20 trades in US stocks – August 2020
Disclaimer: The below article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. Always check with your financial adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Welcome to the August 2020 edition of the Sharesight20USA monthly trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks on the NASDAQ and NYSE over the month.
In August’s Sharesight20USA snapshot, Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) leads the buy trades, as it becomes the first US company to reach a $2 trillion market cap. This is closely followed by Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA), which has seen share prices soar to over $2,000. Sell trades are also led by Tesla, as well as Eastman Kodak (NYSE: KDK), which has been accused of insider trading following a $765 million government deal.
Let’s look at the news behind the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Apple is the first US company to hit $2 trillion market cap
- Gains $1 trillion in value since pandemic market crash
- Apple share price hits record high ahead of stock split
- Apple to open ‘floating store’ in Singapore
- Tesla share price exceeds $2000 ahead of stock split
- Share price surges; Elon Musk now 5th-richest in the world
- Tesla share price soars despite declining Chinese market
- Australian interest in Chinese EV company NIO eclipses Tesla
- With Linkedin and TikTok, Microsoft could compete with Facebook
- Microsoft’s China ties under question as it bids for TikTok
- Microsoft Teams launches features to rival Zoom
- Microsoft the front-runner in bidding war over TikTok
- Amazon builds largest office yet in Hyderabad
- Accused of trying to wipe out rivals with consumer protection bill
- Amazon to launch luxury brand platform
- Announces partnership to ‘revitalise the toy ecommerce sector’
- Fastly posts strong Q2 results but analysts aren’t convinced
- Share price drops; analysts concerned about effect of TikTok sale
- Stock price surges ahead of Q2 earnings report
- Square’s revenue grows by 64% YoY
- Apple could be gearing up to rival Square’s payment tech
- Square’s bitcoin revenue soars by 600%
- AMD share price soars after Q2 earnings released
- Has AMD’s share price peaked?
- AMD overtakes Raytheon Technologies on NASDAQ
- Kodak shares skyrocket after Trump announces Covid-19 deal
- Trump puts Kodak deal on hold amid insider trading investigation
- US Senator condemns Kodak deal ‘fiasco’; calls for new investigation
- NIO announces global expansion plans
- Stock price jumps as UBS raises NIO price target
- NIO launches Battery-as-a-Service; establishes Battery Asset Company
- Share price grows 240% YoY
- Teladoc acquires Livongo Health in $18.5B deal
- Strong Q2 results underpinned by Covid-related demand
- Share prices coming down from July high
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income (upcoming dividends)
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Sharesight product updates – December 2023
This month, we added support for five global brokers, plus the Istanbul Stock Exchange, along with a series of UX improvements across the product.
Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – November 2023
Welcome to the November 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks.
Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – November 2023
Welcome to the November 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX.