Sharesight20 top 20 trades in US stocks - July 2020
Disclaimer: The below article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. Always check with your financial adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Welcome to the first edition of the Sharesight20USA monthly trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks on the NASDAQ and NYSE over the month.
As our user base has grown, so has the diversity of the portfolios we track. For this reason, in addition to the regular Sharesight20ASX and NZX monthly snapshots, we will also be providing a monthly snapshot for the US market, in particular the NASDAQ and NYSE.
Here are July’s top 20 NASDAQ/NYSE trades.
In July’s Sharesight20USA snapshot, Electric Vehicle (EV) stocks dominated the list, driven by buy trades of Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) and its Chinese counterpart NIO (NYSE: NIO). On the sell side, Tesla also topped the list, followed by Plug Power (NASDAQ: PLUG), which has been accused of being part of an EV stock bubble.
Let’s look at the news behind the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Elon Musk to receive multi-billion dollar payout in the next few weeks
- Tesla share price surges as Q2 profit eclipses analyst expectations
- Tesla launches Shanghai hiring spree
- Plans to raise $780 million in asset-backed bond sales
- NIO records impressive Q2 profits
- Launches Coupe-style smart electric SUV
- NIO secures $1.49 billion in funding
- NIO stock prices drop as Tesla cuts reservation fee in China
- Apple tops Forbes 2020 Most Valuable Brands list
- Chinese iPhone sales soar by 225% in Q2
- App Store under legal scrutiny for hefty commission charge
- Analysts positive ahead of Q3 earnings report
- Apple pushes suppliers to ramp up production of new 5G phones
- Amazon under fire over poor treatment of workers during pandemic
- Plans to capture market share with grocery delivery services
- Announces partnership with Vector to mine data for renewable energy
- Analyst outlook positive ahead of Q2 earnings report
- Microsoft exceeds $50 billion in revenue in FY20
- Ranks third on Forbes 2020 Most Valuable Brands list
- Announces Mastercard partnership for ecommerce innovation
- Plug Power launches large-scale fuel cell program
- Is Plug Power in an EV stock bubble?
- Mixed opinions ahead of Q2 earnings report
- Facebook Q2 earnings report delayed as Zuckerberg set to testify in antitrust hearing
- Stock prices affected by boycott calls
- Facebook shuts down underperforming Pinterest rival app
- Stock prices rise following TikTok troubles
- Moderna enters phase three of Coronavirus vaccine trial
- Moderna stock price jumps after $472 million funding boost
- Announces plans to sell Coronavirus vaccines at a profit
- Moderna joins NASDAQ 100 Index
- Negative outlook ahead of Q2 earnings report
- Beyond Meat announces Brazilian expansion
- Beyond Meat enters Chinese supermarkets through Alibaba partnership
- Announces partnership with Social Change Fund
- Alibaba apps may soon be banned in India
- Alibaba summoned to Indian court over ‘wrongful firing’
- Founder Jack Ma reduces company stake from 6.8% to 4.2%; cashes out billions
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income (upcoming dividends)
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
See what’s inside your ETFs with Sharesight’s exposure report
See inside your ETFs and get the full picture of your investment portfolio's composition with Sharesight's exposure report.
How KmacD Financial streamlines reporting and saves time with Sharesight
We talk to financial planning firm KmacD Financial about how the Sharesight-AdviserLogic integration helps them save time and streamline client reporting.
Sharesight product updates – November 2023
The focus over the past month has been on implementing additional feature ideas relating to our new (beta) exposure report.