CMC Markets Invest
If you trade via CMC, you can directly connect your brokerage account to Sharesight, allowing you to automatically sync your ongoing trades to your Sharesight portfolio. You can also populate your portfolio with your historical trading data by uploading a CSV file of your trades. It's easy to get your trading data into Sharesight – keep reading to learn more.
- Login to or sign up for Sharesight.
- On the ‘Let's get you started with Sharesight’ page, select the ‘Import from a Broker’ tile.
- Click on the ‘CMC’ tile on the ‘Import from a Broker’ page.
- From the 'Import and sync your CMC trade account with Sharesight' window, select the CMC link. This will load CMC.
- Sign in to your CMC account.
- In CMC select the 'Account' dropdown menu.
- Select ‘Tax & Portfolio Reporting’.
- Click ‘Sign up for an account’.
- From 'Authority to share', you can either select or unselect ‘Send my entire trading history to Sharesight’.
Please note that historical data does not get imported via the connection (even after selecting the above option). Refer to the section below to transfer your historical buy and sell transactions.
- Select 'I authorise CMC markets Stockbroking to share data relating to my trading stockbroking account with Sharesight'.
- Click ‘Proceed’ button.
- This will launch Sharesight. Sign in or sign up for a Sharesight account.
- Select which portfolio you would like your CMC holdings and trades to be imported to. You can choose an existing portfolio or create a new portfolio.
- Select ‘I agree to allow CMC Markets Stockbroking to access this portfolio via Sharesight Connect’.
- Click ‘Finish’.
Once the process is completed, you will be redirected to the Sharesight overview page.
- Login to your CMC Invest account.
- Click on the Account.
- Click on the Confirmations tab.
- Select advanced options so the date range covers all historical trades.
- Download your trades as a CSV file.
- Upload your file through the CMC broker tile, which can be accessed via the Brokers tab on Sharesight.
Note: If you have changed brokers and transferred the holdings to CMC, these trades will not be imported into Sharesight and will need to be imported manually. For any international shares, you can also forward the PDF trade confirmation file from CMC into your Sharesight portfolio email address.
- Review the trades imported:
a. Handle any negative holdings - Holdings with less buy trades than sell trades (occurs when you have transferred stocks from another broker).
b. Check fractional share trades for rounding differences.
c. Exchange rates are generated by Sharesight using the end of day exchange rate. These can be edited within the trade.
- Verify and confirm automatically generated data (dividends and corporate actions).
- Share access to your portfolio with your accountant.
- Add your other investments to Sharesight.
- Use Sharesight to help you complete your tax return.