Angela Thompson a finalist in Women in Finance Awards 2019
Angela moved to Australia from her native Canada to join the Sharesight team in 2014 as its first full-time marketing employee. Since then Angela has set the standard and helped the team grow to five on the back of a focus on digital marketing that has scaled as Sharesight continues to grow.
- Taking the Sharesight message to the ‘crowd’ with a communications campaign that spearheaded Sharesight’s $2 million equity crowdfund in 2015
Telling the ‘Sharesight story’ through the Sharesight story video
- "I felt it was important to highlight our "family roots", and to show how Sharesight was built "by investors, for investors. I worked with a documentary filmmaker in Wellington, NZ to shoot this candid video with our father and son co-founders, Tony and Scott Ryburn."
Increasing the profile of women in investing by:
- Publishing ‘6 women share their investing journeys’ feature for International Women’s Day 2019
- Sharing her own investing journey with Six Park’s Erika Jonsson: Women in finance: Q and A with Sharesight's Angela Thompson
- Profiling accountant and Sharesight partner [Philippa O'Mara]https://www.sharesight.com/blog/engine-room-chartered-accountants/)
The Women in Finance Awards seek to recognise the "outstanding women shaping and influencing the financial service industry" with categories including:
- Accountant of the Year
- CEO of the Year
- Financial Planner of the Year
- Marketing Professional of the Year (where both Angela and Erika Jonsson from Sharesight partner Six Park are finalists!)
...to name just a few. For the full list of award categories and the finalists, head over to the Women in Finance awards website.
The Sharesight team would like to congratulate all of the finalists. Award winners will be announced on August 1st at an event at Star City Casino in Sydney.
Top countries and brokers Aussies use to invest in global markets
Looking at data from our userbase, we delve into Aussie investors' favourite global markets and stocks, plus the brokers they use for international trades.
Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – September 2023
Welcome to the September 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks.
Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – September 2023
Welcome to the September 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX.