Get on top of your FY2017-18 corporate actions
Now is the perfect time to ensure any corporate actions you are impacted by are accurately recorded within your Sharesight portfolio. As we’ve previously written, corporate actions greatly impact portfolio performance, and because your broker doesn’t take corporate actions into account, their performance numbers can mislead you.
Fortunately the vast majority of day-to-day corporate actions (such as dividends and share splits) are automatically incorporated by Sharesight. Here are the more complex corporate actions that may require you to take additional steps to ensure they are correctly recorded within your Sharesight portfolio:
- How to handle the Fairfax and Domain demerger
- How to handle the Tatts Group and Tabcorp merger
- How to handle Xero delisting from the NZX (to list solely on the ASX)
- How to handle the Westfield Acquisition by Unibail-Rodamco
Last year Sharesight released the Merge Holding feature which allows you to manage most of the day-to-day corporate actions encountered in Australia (and other markets). For detailed help on using this feature, please read the Mergers Sharesight Help Page.
This is the time of year to be portfolio proactive! Get on top of your portfolio admin to put yourself in the best financial position.
Important Disclaimer: We do not provide tax advice. Make sure you seek appropriate tax advice before implementing the ideas in this post.
- How to handle the Trustpower demerger
- How to handle the 2016 Telstra buy back
- How to handle the Michael Hill restructure
- How to handle the Stride Investore restructure