Last chance to download your Google Finance portfolio
Sharesight is an award-winning portfolio tracker that DIY investors around the world rely on for performance, dividend, and tax reporting. It’s really much more than a Google Finance alternative -- for a side-by-side comparison, check out the 4 ways Sharesight is better than Google Finance.
Update February 2nd 2018 - Google is showing a new warning banner when visiting finance.google.com/finance clicking the download link in this banner will take you to the portfolio page where you can follow our instructions below (still working - for now).
Have you logged in to Google Finance only to find the new (and arguably worse) user interface and that you’ve been locked out from your Google Finance portfolio?
It’s NOT TOO LATE to download your Google Finance portfolio data so you can upload it into other portfolio trackers (like Sharesight) to continue tracking your investments - here’s how to do it:
- Visit finance.google.com/finance/portfolio -- or your local regional variation (finance.google.ca/finance for example) instead of google.com/finance
- Download the Google OFX file via the notification window that appears
We’ve tested this as of Friday February 2nd 2018 and it is still working as a workaround, but will update this blog if anything changes.
- Sign-up for a FREE Sharesight account
- Upload your Google Finance portfolio OFX file to Sharesight
- Double check the data and you’re good to go!
- Sharesight was built by investors, for investors.
- DIY investors have trusted Sharesight for over 10 years.
- We even raised $2M in funding from our own clients (also investors)!
- We’re currently tracking over $1.9B worth of investments, across tens of thousands of portfolios.
Act fast and sign-up for Sharesight today and import your Google Finance portfolio data before it is lost.