Last chance to download your Google Finance portfolio
Sharesight is an award-winning portfolio tracker that DIY investors around the world rely on for performance, dividend, and tax reporting. It’s really much more than a Google Finance alternative – for a side-by-side comparison, check out the 4 ways Sharesight is better than Google Finance.
Have you logged in to Google Finance only to find the new (and arguably worse) user interface and that you’ve been locked out from your Google Finance portfolio?
It’s NOT TOO LATE to download your Google Finance portfolio data so you can upload it into other portfolio trackers (like Sharesight) to continue tracking your investments - here’s how to do it:
- Visit finance.google.com/finance/portfolio – or your local regional variation (finance.google.ca/finance for example) instead of google.com/finance
- Download the Google OFX file via the notification window that appears
We’ve tested this as of Monday December 11th 2017 and it is still working as a workaround, but will update this blog if anything changes.
I’ve downloaded my Google Finance OFX file - now what?
- Sign-up for a FREE Sharesight account
- Upload your Google Finance portfolio OFX file to Sharesight
- Double check the data and you’re good to go!
For step-by-step instructions on importing your Google Finance portfolio to Sharesight, check out our dedicated help page: How to import your historical trading data from Google Finance portfolio to Sharesight.
Why should I use Sharesight?
- Sharesight was built by investors, for investors.
- DIY investors have trusted Sharesight for over 10 years.
- We even raised $2M in funding from our own clients (also investors)!
- We’re currently tracking over $1.9B worth of investments, across tens of thousands of portfolios.
Act fast and sign-up for Sharesight today and import your Google Finance portfolio data before it is lost.