Sharesight20 top 20 trades on ASX & NZX - June 2020
Disclaimer: The below article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. Always check with your financial adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Welcome to the June 2020 edition of the Sharesight20 monthly trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades on both the ASX and NZX made by Sharesight users during the month.
Here’s June’s top 20 ASX and NZX trades.
In June’s Sharesight20ASX snapshot the crown for the most traded stock went to Afterpay rival Zip Co (ASX: Z1P) with National Australia Bank (ASX: NAB) the most bought for the month.
The BetaShares Aust Strong Bear ETF (ASX: BBOZ) continued its run in our top 20 snapshots with investors mostly hedging against COVID risks.
Let’s look at the news behind the other key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Zip Co to acquire US-based QuadPay as part of global expansion strategy
- Zip Co partners with neobank 86 400
- Reported a monthly revenue of $15.6 million for May, up 78 per cent compared to this time last year
- CVI finances Zip Co for QuadPay acquisition
- Zip Co share price higher despite insiders selling almost $48 million in shares
- Banks to be less profitable in COVID19 recovery, NAB boss warns
- Discounts for MLC customers invested in NAB investments
- 34,000 National Australia Bank staff to undergo massive "back to banking 101" reeducation campaign
- 'Not good enough': NAB investigating staff underpayments
- Andrew Irvine will step into the role of NAB’s new group executive for business and private banking
- Flight Centre founder Graham Turner has labelled Queensland’s border closure as "unnecessary"
- 'Survival was on the line': Flight Centre's near-death experience
- Up to 1500 staff to face redundancies as Flight Centre seeks to reduce its cost base
- Webjet is one of the 10 most shorted stocks on the ASX in June
- New wave of retail investors pile into COVID hit travel stocks
- Webjet launches 20 per cent off domestic sale in bid to stimulate domestic travel
- WSJ: Fintech darling Afterpay: Buy now, regret at leisure?
- Afterpay UK update: Announces 1 million active customers
- Afterpay, Tencent plot expansion as Gen Z shuns credit
- Afterpay-backed travel start-up playing to win Millennial customers
Investors on the NZX showed a generally positive trading pattern, with a mixture of buy trades in index tracking ETFs and stocks.
- Air New Zealand drops social distancing requirements
- Air NZ maintains optional face mask stance while major airlines make them compulsory
- Air New Zealand has forecast a loss of around $NZ830 million ($A783 million) for the year to Jun
- 800-day plan: Air New Zealand warns of more job cuts, less flights
- Air New Zealand apologises for poor communication during COVID-19 fallout
- Air New Zealand resumes Auckland-Shanghai flights
- Sky Television reveals NZ Rugby did not participate in capital raise, heavily diluting its stake
- Sky Network Television completes NZ$37.4M retail entitlement offer
- Abano looks at alternatives to sale to raise $50m-$70m
- NZ's Abano Healthcare gets updated bids
- Abano Healthcare gets further revised non-binding, indicative offer
Have you seen our Sharesight20 top 20 trades data for the 2019 calendar year across exchanges in Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the USA yet? You can read our 2019 Sharesight20 updates here:
- Top 20 trades on the ASX in 2019 - Sharesight20
- Top 20 trades on the NASDAQ in 2019 - Sharesight20
- Top 20 trades on the NYSE in 2019 - Sharesight20
- Top 20 trades on the NZX in 2019 - Sharesight20
- Top 20 trades on the TSX/TSE in 2019 - Sharesight20
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income (upcoming dividends)
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Track your Webull trades with Sharesight
If you trade via Webull, you can automatically import your trading data to Sharesight, making it easy to track the performance of your investment portfolio.
How InstructAnt improved client service with Sharesight and AdviserLogic
We talk to InstructAnt, a small accounting and financial planning firm that uses the Sharesight/AdviserLogic integration to improve client service.
Australian ETF distribution components now available for FY22/23
Sharesight now has updated ETF distribution component information for the FY22/23 Australian tax year for most Australian ETFs.