Sharesight20 top 20 trades on ASX & NZX - March 2020
Disclaimer: The below article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. Please check with your financial adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Welcome to the March 2020 edition of the Sharesight20 monthly trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades on both the ASX and NZX made by Sharesight users during the month. March was a volatile time for markets, with Sharesight users adapting to conditions with an increase in active stock picking, as well as bear themed ETFs.
Here’s March’s top ASX and NZX trades.
In March’s Sharesight20ASX snapshot the crown for the most traded stock again went to S&P ASX 300 index tracking ETF Vanguard Australian Shares (ASX: VAS). For the first time in our monthly snapshot history we see two bear themed ETFs in the top 20 (ASX: BEAR) & (ASX: BBOZ), Let’s look at the news behind key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Afterpay on the defensive after enormous share price drop
- What does the COVID-19 pandemic mean for Afterpay shares?
- Insiders are snapping up Afterpay shares right now
- Afterpay's (APT) share price has been spiking and slumping dramatically
- Afterpay (APT) share price forecast: Is it still worth $34?
- Short-sellers stepping up attack on Afterpay Ltd
- NAB share price falls 5% to multi-year low
- NAB, Macquarie kill off hybrid listings
- NAB (ASX:NAB) recalls capital notes offer, hits ten-year low
- No, NAB did not bail-in NABPC hybrid holders into equity…
- What does COVID-19 mean for ASX 200 bank shares in 2020?
- NAB admits to breaches in fees-for-no service case
- 'Brutal, cold': Woodside workers stood down as virus fears grow
- South32, Woodside, ALS all batten down the hatches
- Woodside to slash spending amid COVID-19
- Woodside delays $52b WA investment call
- Woodside Petroleum puts billions on hold due to COVID-19 & oil price slump
- How to make CSL's rare success the norm in Australia
- Is the CSL share price a buy after the coronavirus volatility?
- ‘Completely nuts’: CSL’s disconnect with reality
- Can the CSL share price hit $300…again?
- CSL shares up 6.9% Ansell up 19% as health drives ASX gains
Travel and health stocks all placed highly in our snapshot of the NZX this month, with a mixture of growth opportunities and value on offer.
- Air NZ placed in trading halt; plans to cut international capacity by 85 per cent in next few months
- Cuts domestic capacity by 30% in response to Government restrictions
- NZ shares slip again with Air New Zealand hit hard
- Air New Zealand bailout predicted to be between $2b and $3b
- Air New Zealand cancels dividend, takes government loan
- a2 Milk expands into Canada with Agrifoods
- Why the a2 Milk share price has climbed higher in March (Mar 19)
- Why New Zealand's own A2 milk company is so good
- Will Fisher and Paykel Healthcare benefit from the coronavirus outbreak?
- Fisher and Paykel Healthcare shares volatile amid sharemarket meltdown\
- Fisher and Paykel Healthcare, which makes ventilators used to treat patients with coronavirus, has upgraded its earnings guidance
We recently published our Sharesight20 top 20 trades data for the 2019 calendar year across exchanges in Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the USA. You can read our 2019 Sharesight20 updates here:
- Top 20 trades on the ASX in 2019 - Sharesight20
- Top 20 trades on the NASDAQ in 2019 - Sharesight20
- Top 20 trades on the NYSE in 2019 - Sharesight20
- Top 20 trades on the NZX in 2019 - Sharesight20
- Top 20 trades on the TSX/TSE in 2019 - Sharesight20
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income (upcoming dividends)
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – September 2023
Welcome to the September 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX.
Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – September 2023
Welcome to the September 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX.
Get ausbiz market insights in Sharesight
Stay on top of your ASX investments with convenient access to the ausbiz news feed, right in your Sharesight portfolio.