Sharesight20 top 20 trades on NZX – November 2020
Disclaimer: The below article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. Always check with your financial adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Welcome to the November 2020 edition of the Sharesight20NZX monthly trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades on the NZX made by Sharesight users during the month.
In November’s Sharesight20NZX snapshot, buy trades were once again led by the Smartshares NZ Top 50 ETF (NZX: FNZ), followed by a2 Milk (NZX: ATM), which has assured investors that its Chinese sales will recover as Covid-19 restrictions are lifted. Meanwhile, sell trades were strongly led by Metlifecare (NZX: MET), which has seen a shakeup in its leadership roles as Swedish firm EQT takes ownership of the company.
Let’s look at the news behind the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- "Short-term softness" expected for a2; earnings forecast uncertain
- a2 Milk chair says China tensions are "regrettable"
- Fisher & Paykel profit skyrockets by 86%, propped up by Covid
- Share price rises in anticipation of half-year earnings
- NZX 50 dragged down by Fisher & Paykel profit-taking
- New directors for Metlifecare as EQT takes ownership
- Metlifecare CFO departs; joins Air New Zealand
- Metlifecare to repay $6.8m from government wage subsidy scheme
- Air NZ share price rises on positive Covid vaccine news
- Air NZ CEO pockets $2m bonus despite airline losing $85m per month
- Staff protest outsourcing and cuts to Air NZ jobs
- Mainfreight records strong half-year earnings: net profit grows 23%
- Share price reaches record high at $60
- Mainfreight MD blames ports for slow delivery times; asks customers to lower expectations
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income (upcoming dividends)
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – November 2023
Welcome to the November 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks.
Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – November 2023
Welcome to the November 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX.
Emotionally intelligent investing: How to make smarter decisions
We explain some of the common pitfalls investors face when making decisions, and what you can do to become a more emotionally intelligent investor.