Sharesight allows you to bulk import your historical buy and sell trades directly from Bell Direct. You can also have your ongoing trades automatically synced to your Sharesight portfolio. Keep reading to learn how.
- Login to your Bell Direct account.
- Navigate to Orders.
- Click on Contract Note History.
- Download the Excel File.
- Upload your file through the Bell Direct broker tile, which can be accessed via the Brokers tab on Sharesight.
- Review the trades imported:
- Handle any negative holdings: Holdings with less buy trades than sell trades (occurs when you have transferred stocks from another broker).
- Check fractional share trades for rounding differences.
- Exchange rates are generated by Sharesight using the end of day exchange rate. These can be edited within the trade.
- Handle any non automated corporate actions such as mergers, etc.
- Verify and confirm automatically generated data (dividends and corporate actions).
- Set up the Trade Confirmation Emails feature to automatically import future trades.
- Share access to your portfolio with your accountant.
- Add your other investments to Sharesight.
- Use Sharesight to help you complete your tax return.
Sharesight supports Bell Direct using the trade confirmation emails feature. Read more about how to forward your Bell Direct contract notes in this guide.