Back to brokers & apps
Sharesight allows you to bulk import your historical buy and sell trades directly from Yahoo Finance. Keep reading to learn how.
How to import your historical trades from Yahoo Finance to Sharesight
- On the ‘Let's get started by adding some trades’ page, select the Yahoo Finance tile from the ‘Broker & Provider Import’ tab on the right-hand side of the screen.
- From the ‘Import your historical trade from Yahoo Finance' window, select the Yahoo Finance link. This will load Yahoo Finance.
- In Yahoo Finance ‘My Portfolios’, select ‘Export’. This will download all buys and sells input into Yahoo Finance.
- From the 'Import your historical trade from your Yahoo Finance account' window, click the ‘Choose file’ button.
- From the ‘Open file’ window, find and select your exported Yahoo Finance file. The file will likely be in your downloads folder.
- Click the ‘Open’ button.
- From the 'Import your historical trades from your Yahoo Finance account' window, click the ‘Upload’ button.
- The Trades to import into Portfolio page will show an itemised list of all trades imported from the exported Yahoo Finance CSV file. Verify and edit the trade data as required. If trades appear in red, this means that Sharesight can’t upload the trade or the trade will cause errors in your portfolio. The solutions to common errors can be found here.
- Once you have verified the trade data, click ‘Save all transactions’.
- Once the trades are saved, your Sharesight portfolio will be populated and the Portfolio Overview page will load.
Your returns will be calculated with Sharesight’s performance calculation methodology, which is a money-weighted return methodology, meaning the investment performance figures take account of the size and timing of cash flows. Sharesight will automatically create dividends and corporate actions for the holdings you have imported.
Now that you have populated your portfolio, we recommend you verify and confirm any automatically generated data.