Xero is a cloud-based accounting software platform used by individuals as well as small and medium-sized businesses.
How we work together
Sharesight has partnered with Xero to provide a seamless solution between portfolio management and portfolio accounting. If you like the insights you get from Sharesight, you’ll love the complete financial picture you get by connecting your portfolio to Xero.
How Sharesight + Xero works
Reconcile your investment transactions
When you synchronise your Sharesight portfolio to Xero, details of your share purchases, sales, and dividends will flow into Xero automatically so they can be easily reconciled against your bank statement and incorporated into your personal wealth and budgeting picture.
Manage your cash balances
Furthermore, Sharesight can pull in your bank account balances, term deposits and cash investments from Xero, so you can view your complete financial position directly within your Sharesight portfolio – automatically, and in real-time.
Why connect Sharesight to Xero?
- Access your finances 24/7 — Categorise your bank transactions, reconcile your trade & dividend data, and track your cash balances alongside your investments — from anywhere, anytime.
- Take the pain out of tax time — With your trade data in Sharesight and your deductions (including saved receipts) in Xero, you’ll save both time and money this tax season.
- Share unlimited access — Share access with your accountant or financial adviser. They’ll have full visibility into your financial health — not just at tax time, but throughout the year.
Frequently asked questions
Q: I have an existing Xero account — how do I connect it to my Sharesight portfolio?
A: Follow these steps to connect your Sharesight portfolio to an existing Xero account: Connecting your portfolio to Xero.
Q: I don’t have a Xero account — how do I get one?
A: Ask your accountant or financial adviser if they can provide you with a Xero account. Alternatively, if you're based in Australia or New Zealand, you may add a Xero Cashbook as an Add-on to your Sharesight subscription — see the last FAQ for more information.
Q: What’s the difference between Xero Business Edition and Cashbook?
A: Xero Cashbook is a simplified version of Xero Business Edition that does not include accruals, invoicing, payroll, or GST reporting. Cashbook is designed to help you manage your cashflow – all over the internet and in real-time.
Q: How can I get Xero Cashbook, and how much does it cost?
A: Xero Cashbook is available as an Add-on to paid Sharesight plans in Australia and New Zealand. Here’s how to get started:
- Log in to your Sharesight account (or sign up for a new account).
- Upgrade to a Sharesight Investor or Expert plan.
- Add Xero Cashbook to your account — it’s free for 30 days, then $15/month per Cashbook account that you wish to connect to a Sharesight portfolio. The charge for your Cashbook account(s) will be included on your monthly or annual Sharesight invoices.
- Sharesight became a certified Xero Add-on partner in 2009
- Sharesight was named Xero Add-On Partner of the Year in 2014
- Sharesight reached Xero Gold Partner status in 2021