Automatically import Magellan unlisted funds to Sharesight
Australian investors who hold Magellan unlisted funds can automatically import their holdings to their Sharesight portfolio, giving them access to Sharesight’s award-winning performance, dividend tracking and tax reporting features.
To learn how to automatically import your Magellan fund holdings to Sharesight, keep reading.
Established in 2006, Magellan is an Australian asset management firm that offers a range of listed and unlisted funds and trusts that invest in global equities and global listed infrastructure. The firm’s funds give Australian investors access to global stocks, with an investment strategy based on macroeconomic analysis and risk management to generate strong returns over the medium to long term. Magellan also provides insights through investor education articles, videos and audio, including CPD-accredited content.
Sharesight allows you to import your ongoing and historical trades in unlisted funds through the Trade Confirmation Emails feature, or you can choose to manually import your historical trades by uploading a spreadsheet file. Keep reading to learn more.
One simple way to import historical trades to Sharesight is by creating and formatting a spreadsheet file filled with trades including fund APIR codes from your Magellan account.
As long as the file contains all the required information, you can upload it to Sharesight and quickly bulk import the trading data you wish to see in your portfolio.
Sharesight’s Trade Confirmation Emails feature is an effortless way to import historical and ongoing trades to a Sharesight portfolio. By simply having your broker’s trade confirmations forwarded to your unique Sharesight email address, all of your trades are synced to your portfolio, inclusive of corporate actions such as dividends, mergers and stock splits, with no effort on your part.
Note: This feature is designed primarily for ongoing trades, but it can also be used to fill in historical trades in your Sharesight portfolio. All you need to do is manually forward the Trade Confirmation Emails for the trades you wish to see in your portfolio, starting with the earliest trade you want included.
Join thousands of Australian investors already using Sharesight to manage their investment portfolios. With Sharesight you can:
- Automatically track your dividend and distribution income from stocks, ETFs, LICs and Mutual/Managed Funds – including the value of franking credits
- Use the Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRPs/DRIPs) feature to track the impact of DRP transactions on your performance (and tax)
- See the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful tax reports to calculate your dividend income with the Taxable Income Report
- Plus calculate your CGT obligations with Sharesight’s Australian Capital Gains Tax Report and Unrealised Capital Gains Tax Report
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investment performance (and tax) today.