Fairfax Nine merger details
On 26 July 2018, Fairfax Limited (ASX: FXJ) announced they had entered into a Scheme Implementation Agreement with Nine Entertainment Co (ASX:NEC) to merge the two companies. As the Fairfax/Nine corporate action is likely to impact many Australian investors using Sharesight, here are the important details:
Details of the proposed Fairfax Nine merger on the ASX
If the proposed merger transaction goes ahead:
- Fairfax shareholders will receive 0.327 Nine shares for each Fairfax share they own
- Fairfax shareholders will receive $0.025 cash consideration for each Fairfax share they own
- The directors of Fairfax will unanimously recommend Shareholders vote in favour of the offer (unless a better offer is received)
- Once complete, the merged entity will be owned 51.1% by Nine Entertainment Co shareholders and 48.9% by former Fairfax shareholders
- The transaction is expected to be completed before the end of 2018
- Fairfax shareholders do not need to take action relating to this proposal at this stage -- with a Scheme Booklet containing information being sent to shareholders in the coming weeks
Please read the relevant ASX release for the full details of the proposal.
Handling the Fairfax Nine Entertainment Co merger in Sharesight
Full details on how to handle the Fairfax Nine Entertainment Co ASX merger will be available on the Sharesight help centre if and when the details are finalised, and we’ll update this blog with a link to the guide when it’s ready.
If you’re not already tracking your Fairfax or Nine Entertainment Co shares with Sharesight - Sign up today to take advantage of our award-winning performance, dividend tracking, and tax reporting features.
Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – May 2023
Welcome to the May 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX.
Track Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies with Sharesight
Investors can automatically track more than 100 leading cryptocurrencies in Sharesight, with prices updated every five minutes.
How SMSF trustees can get EOFY-ready
Keep reading to learn more about how Sharesight saves SMSF trustees time and money at tax time, and how trustees can get EOFY-ready with Sharesight.