How to track dividend history using the Share Checker
If you use Sharesight to track your investment portfolio, you might be familiar with the Share Checker. This handy tool lives within your portfolio and allows you to quickly check the performance of a hypothetical investment of $10,000 of any share, ETF or mutual/managed fund within a selected date range.
- A historical price chart
- The EPS, NTA and P/E ratio
- The country in which the stock is domiciled
- Sector and industry classifications
- The investment type and share registry
And as with all performance calculations in Sharesight, the Share Checker displays the total annualised return:
|SHARESIGHT'S TOTAL ANNUALISED RETURN INCORPORATES:|
|Capital Gain||Dividends||Currency Gain|
|The gain (or loss) in the stock price during the time period.||The dividend income that was paid out during the period.||The impact of currency fluctuations on the stock price if it is in a different currency than the portfolio’s tax residency.|
While the Share Checker is a great way to check the overall performance of any stock, ETF, or managed/mutual fund, did you know you can also use it to view all the dividends that were paid out during the selected time period, going back up to 20 years? Take a look at this short animation to see how to do it:
As a bonus, if your portfolio has an Australian tax residency, you’ll even see the franking credits.
Looking beyond the dividends, there are additional tabs that display any corporate actions (such as mergers and splits) that occurred during the period, as well as recent news related to the stock from some of our research providers.
Sharesight was built for investors like you, and makes it easy to keep track of your portfolio. Here’s how:
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Automatically track your daily price & currency fluctuations, as well as handle corporate actions such as dividends and share splits
- Run powerful tax reports built for investors, including Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Unrealised Capital Gains, (Australia) and Taxable Income (All regions)
The best way to understand what Sharesight is all about is to sign up and try Sharesight for yourself. We’re confident that you’ll agree that it’s the best portfolio tracker for investors.