Sharesight20 top 20 trades in US stocks – February 2021
Welcome to the February 2021 edition of the Sharesight20USA monthly trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks on the Nasdaq, NYSE and AMEX over the month.
In this Sharesight20USA snapshot, trades were strongly led by GameStop (NYSE: GME), with prices plummeting spectacularly throughout February as Reddit traders sold off their shares. Trades were followed by Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) and Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL), which also saw decreasing share prices this month despite a strong earnings report for Apple and mixed results for Tesla.
Let’s look at the news behind the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- With the Reddit hype over, could GameStop become a reconstructed growth stock?
- Robinhood CEO defends decision to halt GameStop trading
- US federal prosecutors look into criminal misconduct behind GameStop trading surge
- GameStop mania fuels 23% price surge in popular retail ETF
- Tesla drops car prices in a bid to compete with GM’s Bolt EV
- Warren Buffet sells $7.4 billion-worth of Apple shares
- Share price slumps after major shareholders sell out
- Apple reports strong Q1 figures; revenue over US$100b
- Investors flock to Apple’s US$14b debt deal
- AMC stock price tumbles as Reddit investors sell out
- AMC expected to exceed Q4 earnings estimates, but still post significant losses
- Jeff Bezos steps down as Amazon CEO
- Amazon buys Australian e-commerce company, Selz
- Amazon sued for failing to protect workers from COVID-19
- Microsoft reports strong Q2 earnings; 17% revenue growth fuelled by Azure
- Upside for Microsoft as Azure gains market share, analysts predict
- Microsoft partners with Bosch on vehicle software program
- Blackberry share price plummets following ratings downgrade
- Blackberry’s share price gew 112.8% in January
- Alibaba stock is up 14% in 2021
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.