Sharesight20 top 20 trades in US stocks – February 2021
Welcome to the February 2021 edition of the Sharesight20USA monthly trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks on the Nasdaq, NYSE and AMEX over the month.
In this Sharesight20USA snapshot, trades were strongly led by GameStop (NYSE: GME), with prices plummeting spectacularly throughout February as Reddit traders sold off their shares. Trades were followed by Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) and Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL), which also saw decreasing share prices this month despite a strong earnings report for Apple and mixed results for Tesla.
Sharesight20 top 20 US stock trades February 2021
Let’s look at the news behind the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
GameStop (NYSE: GME)
- With the Reddit hype over, could GameStop become a reconstructed growth stock?
- Robinhood CEO defends decision to halt GameStop trading
- US federal prosecutors look into criminal misconduct behind GameStop trading surge
- GameStop mania fuels 23% price surge in popular retail ETF
Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA)
- Tesla drops car prices in a bid to compete with GM’s Bolt EV
Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL)
- Warren Buffet sells $7.4 billion-worth of Apple shares
- Share price slumps after major shareholders sell out
- Apple reports strong Q1 figures; revenue over US$100b
- Investors flock to Apple’s US$14b debt deal
AMC Entertainment (NYSE: AMC)
- AMC stock price tumbles as Reddit investors sell out
- AMC expected to exceed Q4 earnings estimates, but still post significant losses
Nio (NYSE: NIO)
- Nio’s sales are finally keeping pace with its US$85b market cap; have quadrupled YoY
Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN)
- Jeff Bezos steps down as Amazon CEO
- Amazon buys Australian e-commerce company, Selz
- Amazon sued for failing to protect workers from COVID-19
Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT)
- Microsoft reports strong Q2 earnings; 17% revenue growth fuelled by Azure
- Upside for Microsoft as Azure gains market share, analysts predict
- Microsoft partners with Bosch on vehicle software program
Blackberry (NYSE: BB)
- Blackberry share price plummets following ratings downgrade
- Blackberry’s share price gew 112.8% in January
Alibaba (NYSE: BABA)
- Alibaba stock is up 14% in 2021
Track your investment portfolio with Sharesight
Get access to Sharesight20 insights like this by tracking your investment portfolio with Sharesight. Built for the needs of investors like you:
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. Always check with your financial adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – March 2023
Welcome to the March 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX.
Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – March 2023
Welcome to the March 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks.
Announcing the Sharesight Fintech Scholarship's 2023 winner
We are pleased to announce the 2023 winner of the Sharesight Fintech Scholarship, Kaytlin Perkins, who is studying a Master of Professional Accounting at CQU.