Sharesight20 top 20 trades in US stocks – September 2020
Disclaimer: The below article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. Always check with your financial adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Welcome to the September 2020 edition of the Sharesight20USA monthly trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks on the Nasdaq and NYSE over the month.
Sharesight20 top 20 US stock trades September 2020
In September’s Sharesight20USA snapshot, buy trades were strongly led by Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) and Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL), while sell trades were few and far between. Trades were largely dominated by Nasdaq-listed tech stocks, which suffered a market correction this month, and are yet to see clear signs of recovery beyond minor gains for major players including Apple, Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) and Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN).
Let’s look at the news behind the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
Tesla, Inc (NASDAQ: TSLA)
- Tesla to produce $25,000 car in next 3 years
- Stock price drops as Tesla’s Battery Day announcements fail to impress
- ASX battery stocks stand to benefit from Tesla's production plans
- Tesla produces significant profit with South Australian battery reserve
Apple Inc (NASDAQ: AAPL)
- Apple share price reaches record high before split
- Apple sinks below $2 trillion market cap amid tech market correction
- Share price has dropped by more than 20% from its peak; $532 billion market value lost
Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ: MSFT)
- Microsoft to partner with Telstra on AI, cloud computing and 5G solutions
- Microsoft leads US equity market rebound
Amazon.com, Inc (NASDAQ: AMZN)
- Amazon launches new Echo device range including home security drone
- Amazon enters the cloud gaming market with Luna
- Launches climate program for certified sustainable products
- Analysts bullish on Amazon stock
Nvidia Corporation (NASDAQ: NVDA)
- Nvidia to buy phone chip designer Arm Holdings for $40 billion
- Chinese regulatory approval could jeopardise Nvidia’s Arm acquisition
- Nvidia stock price jumps on Arm Holdings announcement
Nio Inc (NYSE: NIO)
- Is Nio stock overvalued compared to other automakers?
- Nio reports record high vehicle sales for August
Facebook, Inc (NASDAQ: FB)
- Facebook’s Oversight Board will launch prior to US election
- Facebook refuses to appear before foreign interference committee; requests postponement until after US election
- Thailand vows to take legal action against Facebook over political content
Advanced Micro Devices (NASDAQ: AMD)
- AMD stock reaches all-time high of more than $90/share
- AMD stock surges following launch of graphics card to compete with Nvidia
- President and CEO sells $12 million-worth of shares
Fastly, Inc (NYSE: FSLY)
- Fastly stock price rebounds following good news for TikTok
- Stock price rises on news of Signal Science acquisition
- Fastly being investigated over allegations of shareholder misinformation (press release)
Nikola Corporation (NASDAQ: NKLA)
- Nikola founder and chair resigns over fraud allegations
- Tesla alleges Nikola stole its truck design
- Nikola shares surge by 53% as General Motors takes $2 billion stake in company
Track your investment portfolio with Sharesight
Get access to Sharesight20 insights like this by tracking your investment portfolio with Sharesight. Built for the needs of investors like you:
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income (upcoming dividends)
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – May 2023
Welcome to the May 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX.
Track Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies with Sharesight
Investors can automatically track more than 100 leading cryptocurrencies in Sharesight, with prices updated every five minutes.
How SMSF trustees can get EOFY-ready
Keep reading to learn more about how Sharesight saves SMSF trustees time and money at tax time, and how trustees can get EOFY-ready with Sharesight.