Sharesight20 top 20 trades on ASX – February 2021
Welcome to the February 2021 edition of the Sharesight20ASX monthly trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX during the month.
In this Sharesight20ASX snapshot, buy and sell trades were strongly led by Zip Co (ASX: Z1P), which reached a record high in its share price after revealing strong earnings for Q2 2021. Overall, the top trades were dominated by BNPL stocks, which rallied during the first two weeks of the month before hitting a slump across the board.
Sharesight20 top 20 ASX trades February 2021
Let’s look at the news behind some of the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
Zip Co (ASX: Z1P)
- Zip gains almost 70% following strong earnings report, reaching record highs
- BNPL stocks in retreat; Zip drops 10% following recent gains
- Zip seeks US investors; potential US exchange listing
- UK regulatory clampdown on BNPL sector over customer risk
IOUpay (ASX: IOU)
- Massive share price surge following EasyStore partnership announcement
- Ioupay completes AU$50m share placement; funds to be used for growth and Asian expansion
- Share price drops as opportunistic investors sell out following 200% rally
Fortescue Metals (ASX: FMG)
- Fortescue reports record half-year profit amid thriving iron ore industry
- Fortescue CEO says global iron ore boom will continue ‘for some time’
- Senior executives resign over cost blowout of AU$2.6b Iron Bridge project
Fatfish (ASX: FFG)
- Fatfish launches BNPL platform for South East Asian market
- Fatfish share price skyrockets by 155% amid BNPL stock rally
- Malaysia subsidiary Fatberry.com grows monthly revenue by 180%
Bard1 Life Sciences (ASX: BD1)
- Bard1 shares skyrocket by 470% in two weeks
- Bard1 reveals cancer detection tech is effective for ovarian and breast cancer
- Cancer diagnostics market will soon be worth over US$33.7b in revenue
CSL (ASX: CSL)
- CSL to boost research spend following pandemic delays
- CSL looking into producing mRNA vaccines
- CSL certain it could produce vaccine to tackle COVID-19 variants
Vulcan Energy (ASX: VUL)
- Vulcan partners with DuPont for zero-carbon lithium production
- Appoints new COO to oversee Zero Carbon Lithium Project in Germany
- Vulcan signs agreement to purchase Global Geothermal
Cirralto (ASX: CRO)
- Cirralto to undertake AU$18m share placement to grow payment tech platform
- Share price hits 52-week high
- Cirralto still running high despite ASX tech stock slump
Westpac (ASX: WBC)
- Westpac loses High Court battle over illegal superannuation advice
- SocietyOne signs on to use Westpac’s digital banking-as-a-service platform
Track your investment portfolio with Sharesight
Get access to Sharesight20 insights like this by tracking your investment portfolio with Sharesight. Built for the needs of investors like you:
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. Always check with your financial adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
What is debt recycling and how does it work?
Debt recycling is a process that can potentially make you more money by turning non-deductible debt into deductible debt. How does it work? Keep reading.
Top 50 finance and investing podcasts in 2023
The Sharesight team has put together a list of the top 50 investing, personal finance and business news podcasts worldwide.
How one investor uses Sharesight to understand her true performance
Part of our Sharesight customer experience series, this video features Nikky W., an investor who has been tracking her portfolio with Sharesight since 2020.