Sharesight20 top 20 trades on ASX & NZX - February 2020
Disclaimer: The below article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. Please check with your financial adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Welcome to the February 2020 edition of the Sharesight20 monthly trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades on both the ASX and NZX made by Sharesight users during the month.
We’ve also recently published our Sharesight20 top 20 trades data for the 2019 calendar year across exchanges in Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the USA. You can read our 2019 Sharesight20 updates here:
- Top 20 trades on the ASX in 2019 - Sharesight20
- Top 20 trades on the NASDAQ in 2019 - Sharesight20
- Top 20 trades on the NYSE in 2019 - Sharesight20
- Top 20 trades on the NZX in 2019 - Sharesight20
- Top 20 trades on the TSX/TSE in 2019 - Sharesight20
Here’s February’s top ASX and NZX trades.
In February’s Sharesight20ASX snapshot the crown for the most traded stock again went to S&P ASX 300 index tracking ETF Vanguard Australian Shares (ASX: VAS). Let’s look at the news behind key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Included in the new ASX All Technology Index of 46 companies
- Podcast: Shopify, Coronavirs, and EML
- EML shares slumped as much as 15.86% before rebounding after latest results announcement
- EML Payments profit climbed 70% on the back of strong demand for the company’s Virtual Account Numbers (VANS) in North America
- "Millions of dollars in orders for its antimicrobial products are pouring in from China"
- Zoono’s Z71 Microbe Shield surface sanitiser product has been sent to Germany for testing to determine effectiveness against Coronavirus - with results expected to be announced to markets in March
- Announced they had signed a five-year distribution agreement with Beijing Youmeng Technology and Development Limited for the supply of antimicrobial skin and surface sprays to China’s childcare and hotel sectors
- Appointed Linco Investments as distributor for Singapore
- Zoono (ASX:ZNO) and Eagle Health (ASX:EHH) partner to distribute co-branded products in China
- Managing Director, Mr. Paul Hyslop divested 16.8M shares, reducing his shareholding from 51% to approximately 41%
- Altium warns of coronavirus impact after shares hit record high
- Why Altium and these other ASX shares fell 20% in February
- Afterpay (ASX:APT) see statutory loss after tax of $31.6m
- Afterpay is trying to prevent merchants from adding surcharges to orders using its services
- Afterpay and Samsung have partnered to enable customers shopping at Samsung stores to use the BNPL platform
- Afterpay doubles revenue but loss deepens on expansion costs
- The value investor making a fortune where others fear to tread
- AVITA Medical (ASX:AVH) to focus on burns division in 2020
As during January, the top two positions on the Sharesight20NZX snapshot this month went to Smartshares exchange traded funds (ETFs). The a2 Milk Company (NZX: A2M) had another strong month as the top placed non-ETF stock in February.
- a2 Milk shares surge as coronavirus delivers a China boost
- A2 Milk Company growth beats first half guidance
- Liquid milk sales in Australia were up 11.3 per cent to $74.7 million
- CMO Susan Massasso to move into new role as chief growth and brand officer at a2 Milk
- Mainfreight’s Kopu site, with 1,357 square metre warehousing and office space on 2,449 square metres of freehold land zoned industrial 7A placed on the market for sale
- Fisher Funds' Sam Dickie's 2020 outlook (includes Mainfreight)
- Is this stock the new CSL - Fisher & Paykel Healthcare?
- Updated earnings guidance - expects full-year net profit of 260 million New Zealand dollars to NZ$270 million ($165 million to $171 million)
Get access to insights like this by tracking your investment portfolio with Sharesight. Built for the needs of investors like you:
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Sharesight automatically tracks your daily price & currency fluctuations, as well as handles corporate actions such as dividends and share splits
- Run powerful tax reports built for investors, including, Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – September 2023
Welcome to the September 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX.
Get ausbiz market insights in Sharesight
Stay on top of your ASX investments with convenient access to the ausbiz news feed, right in your Sharesight portfolio.
Track your Webull trades with Sharesight
If you trade via Webull, you can automatically import your trading data to Sharesight, making it easy to track the performance of your investment portfolio.