Sharesight20 top 20 trades on ASX & NZX - January 2019
Welcome to the January 2019 edition of the Sharesight20 monthly trading snapshot (click here for November 2018’s Sharesight20), where we look at the top 20 trades on both the ASX and NZX markets among the Sharesight userbase during the month, and dig a little deeper into the news behind these movements.
Let’s dive into January’s top trades.
Sharesight20ASX January 2019 Snapshot
Afterpay Touch (ASX: APT) put in a strong month yet again to claim second place in January, with Vanguard’s Australian (ASX: VAS) and International Shares (ASX: VGS) ETFs in first and third position. Some of the highlights in the top 20 include:
BHP Group limited (ASX: BHP)
- Accident at the BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance Saraji Mine
- Change in BHP company secretary announced
- Negotiations between Samarco and certain lenders to restructure their unsecured financial obligation continued
- Australian Government won appeal against BHP over tax owed by marketing arm
- BHP and Rio Tinto endorsed Uluru statement
National bank of Australia (ASX: NAB)
- NAB announced change in home loan variable interest rate
- NAB ATMs to remain fee free after the bank pulls out of rediATMnetwork (Which will now charge NAB customers fees)
Telstra Corporation (ASX: TLS)
- Telstra launched continuous connection on its subsea infrastructure
- Added substantial capacity to subsea infrastructure
- Announced agreements to deliver exclusive access to 5G commercial smartphones in the first half of 2019
- Implementation of the INDIGO subsea cable system with the completion, on schedule, of the final splicing of both the INDIGO West cable and Indigo Central cable
- Telstra’s search for skilled workers in India has sparked union rage
Kogan ltd (ASX: KGN)
- Poor iPhone demand, GST impacts dragged down Kogan
- Kogan blamed Apple for big drop in global brands revenue
- Kogan refunds and returns policy showed "room for improvement"
- Kogan expanded whitegoods & built-in appliance range
Commonwealth Bank (ASX: CBA)
- Organised emergency assistance package for bushfire affected areas in Tasmania
- Apple Pay made available to all Commonwealth Bank customers
- CBA’s blockchain center of excellence puts the pedal to the metal with successful ‘trade-chain’ experiment
Sharesight20NZX January 2019 Snapshot
Some of the January highlights in the NZX top 20 for January include:
The a2 Milk Company Limited (NZX: A2M)
- Why Sequoia Fund invested in a2 Milk
- Rival Bellamy's launched baby formula with twice the omega-3 content
Meridian Energy Limited (NZX: MEL)
- Eight Manapouri community groups received funding through power up community fund
- Meridian announced plans to expand EV charging thanks to the Government’s low emission vehicle contestable fund
- Twelve Waitaki community groups receive funding through Meridian’s power up community fund
Auckland International Airport limited (NZX: AIA)
- Auckland Airport announced a change in leadership as Jason Delamore, general manager marketing and technology to leave the company in April 2019 to become the chief executive of Fronde
Sharesight investors track over 1 million investments
With over $6.1B USD worth of investments actively tracked by investors with Sharesight, it’s time you sign up for an account and start tracking the true performance of your investments today!
Important Disclaimer. We do not provide tax or investment advice. The buying of shares can be complex and varies by country. You should seek tax and investment advice specific to your situation before acting on any of the information in this article.
Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – March 2023
Welcome to the March 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX.
Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – March 2023
Welcome to the March 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks.
Announcing the Sharesight Fintech Scholarship's 2023 winner
We are pleased to announce the 2023 winner of the Sharesight Fintech Scholarship, Kaytlin Perkins, who is studying a Master of Professional Accounting at CQU.