Sharesight20 top 20 trades on ASX & NZX - June 2019
Welcome to the June 2019 edition of the Sharesight20 monthly trading snapshot (click here for May 2019’s Sharesight20), where we look at the top 20 trades on both the ASX and NZX markets among the Sharesight user base during the current month, and dig a little deeper into the news behind these movements.
Let’s dive into June’s top trades.
Sharesight users have continued to show significant interest in Afterpay Touch (ASX: APT), with trading activity in APT eclipsing all other ASX stock for the month of June. Some of the highlights in this month’s top 20 ASX trades include:
- Will defer the retail share purchase plan after controversy
- Afterpay needs to grow up, and appoint an independent chairman
- Has given three candidates to AUSTRAC regarding who will conduct an external audit
- Announced a massive overhaul of mobile phone plans
- Reduced 1,800 different plans down to just 20
- Faces investigation over selling 'unaffordable contracts' to vulnerable Australians
- Sold Brisbane exchange building to Firmus Capital
- Preparing to axe 1,200 jobs, in addition to the 6,000 cuts announced earlier
- "Is Telstra sexy again?" asks Sharesight partner Livewire
- Launched ‘Nearmap 3D’ product to stream and export 3D map images
- Will launch a beta version of its "artificial intelligence" product soon
- New chief marketing officer of Nearmap, Harvey Sanchez, detailed his global marketing plans
- Brexit and changes to Australian legislation have hurt earnings
- Downgraded profit expectations
- LNK share price hit a 52 week low after Investor Day presentation
- Announced plans for an equity raising to acquire an American software company MRS Systems in early June
- Completed the acquisition of MRS in mid-June
The NZX Sharesight20 snapshot for June is filled with exchange traded funds. Some of the company stocks featuring in the NZX top 20 include:
- Completed sale of Snapper Services
- Launched a NZ$400m equity raising to fund the Vodafone NZ acquisition
- Announced a final dividend of 11 cents per share, plus 2 cents per share of imputation credits
- Wiped $1 billion from a2 Milk
- A2 Is appealing the ruling that granted rival Lion Dairy the rights to the ‘True A2’ trademark
- Spark MD Simon Moutter said his farewells to the Spark team
- Outgoing Spark boss Simon Moutter: 'Huawei technology is superior'
- Could end up in an expensive bidding war with Sky over NZ Rugby broadcast deal
- Accused of controversial sales practices by Chorus over home phone line sales
Get access to insights like this by tracking your investment portfolio with Sharesight. Built for the needs of investors like you:
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Sharesight automatically tracks your daily price & currency fluctuations, as well as handles corporate actions such as dividends and share splits
- Run powerful tax reports built for investors, including, Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada) Traders Tax (NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Sharesight product updates – December 2023
This month, we added support for five global brokers, plus the Istanbul Stock Exchange, along with a series of UX improvements across the product.
Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – November 2023
Welcome to the November 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks.
Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – November 2023
Welcome to the November 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX.