Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – February 2023
Welcome to the February 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX during the month.
In this snapshot, buy trades were strongly led by Vanguard’s Australian Shares Index ETF (ASX: VAS). In terms of individual stocks, buy and sell trades were led by Whitehaven Coal (ASX: WHC), which announced record profit in its half-year financial results. Trades were followed by Commonwealth Bank (ASX: CBA), which also posted strong earnings results amid rising interest rates. It was a mining-heavy month overall, with 9 of the top 20 trades belonging to stocks in the mining sector.
Let’s look at the news behind some of the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Strong Narrabri performance underpins record financial result for Whitehaven Coal
- Share price drops despite 423% profit growth
- Invests AU$2 million in new Gunnedah Koala Sanctuary
- Interest rate rises propel CBA profit to AU$5.15 billion
- CBA share price on watch following strong earnings results and AU$1 billion share buy-back
- Share price sinks 6% amid concerns the bank’s net interest margin has peaked
- Pilbara Minerals announces 989% profit surge
- Share price rises following strong earnings results; maiden dividend announcement
- Pilbara Minerals POSCO JV granted AU$683 million loan for South Korean lithium chemical facility
- BHP profit falls 32% amid low iron ore prices
- Confirms plans to sell off Blackwater and Daunia coal mines
- Union demands job security for workers at soon-to-be-sold QLD mines
- Westpac share price drops following mixed quarterly results
- Signs 5-year deal with Amazon Web Services to expand cloud services
- Postpones closure of regional bank branches ahead of Senate inquiry
- Woodside share price is up over 30% YoY
- Woodside profit hits record high due to BHP merger and soaring oil and gas prices
- Share price rises following strong earnings results
- ANZ shares fall following quarterly results
- Announces AU$50 million investment in View Media Group
- Leading broker cites ANZ shares as ‘top pick’ in banking sector
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including performance, portfolio diversity, contribution analysis, multi-period, multi-currency valuation and future income
- Run tax reports including taxable income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a specific product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. While we use reasonable endeavours to keep the information up-to-date, we make no representation that any information is accurate or up-to-date. If you choose to make use of the content in this article, you do so at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we do not assume any responsibility or liability arising from or connected with your use or reliance on the content on our site. Please check with your adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
How InstructAnt improves client service with Sharesight and AdviserLogic
We talk to InstructAnt, a small accounting and financial planning firm that uses the Sharesight/AdviserLogic integration to improve client service.
Australian ETF distribution components now available for FY22/23
Sharesight now has updated ETF distribution component information for the FY22/23 Australian tax year for most Australian ETFs.
Sharesight product updates – September 2023
Major updates for the past month include the rollout of our new exposure report, plus support for five new brokers and over 80,000 Luxembourg funds.