Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – January 2023
Welcome to the January 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX during the month.
In this snapshot, buy trades were strongly led by Vanguard’s Australian Shares Index ETF (ASX: VAS). In terms of individual stocks, trades were led by Pilbara Minerals (ASX: PLS), which saw its share price rise following strong Q2 earnings results. Trades were followed by BHP (ASX: BHP), which also produced impressive Q2 results. It was a popular month for mining stocks overall, with nine of the top 20 trades consisting of mining stocks.
Let’s look at the news behind some of the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Pilbara appoints chief development officer
- Pilbara share price rises as investor sentiment grows for lithium stocks
- Releases strong Q2 results; plans to pay first dividend this year
- Muswellbrook's Mount Arthur Coal Mine may close earlier than expected, endangering BHP jobs
- BHP strikes deal to hunt for Serbian copper amid green energy revolution
- BHP share price rises on strong Q2 results
- Core Lithium share price rises as company hits quarterly targets
- Dispatches first shipment from NT mine
- Relocates HQ to Perth; makes strategic executive appointments
- Woodside records highest-ever quarterly production
- Denies withholding energy supply to make wartime profits
- Gas price outlook clouded by European winter and Chinese recovery, says Woodside
- Fortescue ships record amount of iron ore
- Share price hits 52-week high following production update
- Loses electrolyser plant deal with Plug Power
- Mineral Resources share price drops on broker downgrade
- Norwest accepts Mineral Resources’ revised takeover offer
- Share price slides following quarterly update
- Westpac share price up 20% in 6 months
- Leading broker forecasts 7% dividend yield for Westpac shares
- Westpac’s BT Panorama sale stalled due to dip in valuation
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including performance, portfolio diversity, contribution analysis, multi-period, multi-currency valuation and future income
- Run tax reports including taxable income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a specific product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. While we use reasonable endeavours to keep the information up-to-date, we make no representation that any information is accurate or up-to-date. If you choose to make use of the content in this article, you do so at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we do not assume any responsibility or liability arising from or connected with your use or reliance on the content on our site. Please check with your adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – September 2023
Welcome to the September 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX.
Get ausbiz market insights in Sharesight
Stay on top of your ASX investments with convenient access to the ausbiz news feed, right in your Sharesight portfolio.
Track your Webull trades with Sharesight
If you trade via Webull, you can automatically import your trading data to Sharesight, making it easy to track the performance of your investment portfolio.