Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – July 2021
Welcome to the July 2021 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX during the month.
In this snapshot, buy trades were strongly led by Vanguard ETFs, including the Australian Shares Index (ASX: VAS), Diversified High Growth (ASX: VDHG) and International Shares (ASX: VGS). Meanwhile, sell trades were led by Zip Co (ASX: Z1P), which saw its share price fluctuate throughout the month amid a series of key announcements. Sell trades were followed by Sydney Airport (ASX: SYD), which announced a takeover bid and saw its share price skyrocket as a result.
Top 20 ASX trades July 2021
Let’s look at the news behind some of the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
Zip Co (ASX: Z1P)
- Zip doubles revenue YoY; denies that Apple is a threat
- Announces plan to launch crypto trading service
- Zip and Afterpay see share prices drop as Paypal launches Pay in 4
- Zip is up 35% in 2021, making it the year’s best-performing BNPL stock
Endeavour (ASX: EDV)
- Endeavour lists on ASX following Woolworths demerger
- Endeavour share price struggles while Woolworths flies high
- Share price drops as ACCC eyes Endeavour’s latest acquisition
Fortescue Metals (ASX: FMG)
- Dividends and Iron Bridge expenditure on watch in upcoming FY21 results
- Analysts predict generous Fortescue dividends in near-term
- Fortescue marks 2 billion tonne automated haulage milestone in Pilbara region
Sydney Airport (ASX: SYD)
- Sydney Airport rejects AU$22b takeover bid by superannuation consortium
- Share price grows almost 35% in 16 days
- Share price slides along with the ASX 200 as COVID lockdowns continue
CSL (ASX: CSL)
- CSL share price drops due to reports of mRNA vaccine delays
- CSL hit with broker downgrades; shares drop 9%
- Overseas nations lining up to take Australia’s unwanted AstraZeneca vaccines, says CSL
NAB (ASX: NAB)
- NAB share price drops on Forum Finance fraud allegations
- Share price rises on reports NAB will acquire Citi Banking
- Residential mortgage market and CBA performance on watch ahead of NAB’s FY21 results
Westpac (ASX: WBC)
- Westpac accuses Forum Finance of AU$341m worth of fraudulent transactions
- Westpac forced to pay AU$87m to poorly informed customers
- Sells NZ life insurance business for AU$373m
Vulcan Energy (ASX: VUL)
- Vulcan secures 5-year lithium supply deal with LG; closes trading with AU$1B market value
- Shares briefly surge past $10 in July
- Granted new exploration license in Upper Rhine Valley
Track your investment portfolio with Sharesight
Get access to Sharesight20 insights like this by tracking your investment portfolio with Sharesight. Built for the needs of investors like you:
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. Always check with your financial adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
What is debt recycling and how does it work?
Debt recycling is a process that can potentially make you more money by turning non-deductible debt into deductible debt. How does it work? Keep reading.
Top 50 finance and investing podcasts in 2023
The Sharesight team has put together a list of the top 50 investing, personal finance and business news podcasts worldwide.
How one investor uses Sharesight to understand her true performance
Part of our Sharesight customer experience series, this video features Nikky W., an investor who has been tracking her portfolio with Sharesight since 2020.