Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – July 2023
Welcome to the July 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX during the month.
In this snapshot, buy trades were strongly led by Vanguard’s Australian Shares Index ETF (ASX: VAS), followed by CSL (ASX: CSL), which has seen its share price plummet throughout July, hitting a new 52-week low. Over the same period, sell trades were led by Pilbara Minerals (ASX: PLS), which despite a brief dip due to plummeting lithium prices, has seen its share price remain relatively stable over the month. Overall, this month’s top trades were largely dominated by index-tracking ETFs as well as stocks in the banking, mining and minerals sectors.
Let’s look at the news behind some of the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- CSL share price hits new 52-week low
- Slow share price growth for CSL in FY23 but analysts are bullish for FY24
- CSL shares drop as competitor delivers strong trial results
- BHP posts iron ore record but warns of uncertainty ahead to due to inflation and global economic volatility
- Analysts predict further downside for BHP
- Share price slides despite growing iron ore prices due to unexpected strength of US labour market
- Pilbara share prices rises following update on mid-stream demonstration plant
- Pilbara CEO dismisses plummeting share prices as disproportionate response to drop in lithium prices
- Share price skyrocketed over 110% in FY23
- ACCC to delay decision on Suncorp-ANZ merger until 4 August
- ANZ share price drops following news of delayed merger
- ANZ shares rise despite narrowing margins
- Reports record iron ore shipments of 192Mt for FY23; forecasts rise in shipments for FY24
- Fortescue share price drops despite record iron ore shipments
- More delays at Iron Bridge magnetite project
- Endeavour shares down 20% in a year
- Endeavour shares tumble as pokies hit with new regulations
- Leading broker reiterates ‘buy’ rating on Endeavour following share price drop
- Woodside’s Pilbara LNG export operation could be hit with industrial action
- Share price rises as crude oil exceeds 52-week high
- Q2 revenue down almost 30% compared to Q1, fuelled by lower global commodity prices
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including performance, portfolio diversity, contribution analysis, multi-period, multi-currency valuation and future income
- Run tax reports including taxable income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a specific product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. While we use reasonable endeavours to keep the information up-to-date, we make no representation that any information is accurate or up-to-date. If you choose to make use of the content in this article, you do so at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we do not assume any responsibility or liability arising from or connected with your use or reliance on the content on our site. Please check with your adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – September 2023
Welcome to the September 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX.
Get ausbiz market insights in Sharesight
Stay on top of your ASX investments with convenient access to the ausbiz news feed, right in your Sharesight portfolio.
Track your Webull trades with Sharesight
If you trade via Webull, you can automatically import your trading data to Sharesight, making it easy to track the performance of your investment portfolio.