Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – May 2022
Welcome to the May 2022 edition of Sharesight’s monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX during the month.
In this snapshot, buy trades were strongly led by the Smartshares US 500 (NZX: USF) and NZ Top 50 (NZX: FNZ) ETFs. In terms of individual shares, buy and sell trades were led by Air New Zealand (NZX: AIR), which has recently completed a NZ$1.2 billion capital raise. It was an ETF-heavy month overall, with 12 of the top 20 trades comprising ETFs.
Top 20 NZX trades May 2022
Let’s look at the news behind the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
Air New Zealand (NZX: AIR)
- AirNZ completes NZ$1.2 billion capital raise
- AirNZ CEO buys over NZ$1 million in company shares
- Latest passenger numbers suggest AirNZ is on the way to recovery
The Warehouse Group (NZX: WHS)
- Warehouse Group releases Q3 sales update with mixed results
- Staffing issues ahead of Warehouse Stationery merger
- Warehouse Group CEO discusses struggling NZ economy and Warehouse’s response
Ryman Healthcare (NZX: RYM)
- Ryman Healthcare posts underlying profit of NZ$255 million in full year, up 13.6%
- Ryman amasses AU$2 billion retirement village pipeline in Victoria
- Plans new NZ$205 million retirement village in Rolleston
Fisher & Paykel Healthcare (NZX: FPH)
- Fisher & Paykel reports dramatic profit loss
- Company was severely affected by COVID, says CEO
- Fisher & Paykel drags down the NZX 50
Track your investment portfolio with Sharesight
Get access to Sharesight20 insights like this by tracking your investment portfolio with Sharesight. Built for the needs of investors like you:
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a specific product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. While we use reasonable endeavours to keep the information up-to-date, we make no representation that any information is accurate or up-to-date. If you choose to make use of the content in this article, you do so at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we do not assume any responsibility or liability arising from or connected with your use or reliance on the content on our site. Please check with your adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
What is debt recycling and how does it work?
Debt recycling is a process that can potentially make you more money by turning non-deductible debt into deductible debt. How does it work? Keep reading.
Top 50 finance and investing podcasts in 2023
The Sharesight team has put together a list of the top 50 investing, personal finance and business news podcasts worldwide.
How one investor uses Sharesight to understand her true performance
Part of our Sharesight customer experience series, this video features Nikky W., an investor who has been tracking her portfolio with Sharesight since 2020.