Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – April 2022
Welcome to the April 2022 edition of Sharesight's monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX during the month.
In this snapshot, buy trades were strongly led by the Smartshares US 500 (NZX: USF) and NZ Top 50 (NZX: FNZ) ETFs. In terms of individual equities, trades were led by Air New Zealand (NZX: AIR), which revealed its four-year investment plan for the airport; followed by The Warehouse Group (NZX: WHS), which was forced to reduce grocery prices due to rapid growth in the cost of living. It was an ETF-heavy month overall, with 12 of the top 20 NZX trades comprising ETFs.
Let’s look at the news behind the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- AirNZ reveals four-year investment plan for airport base
- Plans to move corporate HQ into Auckland Airport
- AirNZ CEO predicts Trans-Tasman airfares will fall
- Warehouse CEO optimistic about company’s prospects despite previous failures
- Drops price of basic groceries in response to skyrocketing cost of living
- Warehouse implements Workday employee listening program to help improve retention
- Spark NZ commences partial cell tower network sale
- Plans to retain shareholding in TowerCo; commits to 10-year new site build programme
- Research firm downgrades Spark NZ to ‘hold’
- Genesis share price on watch ahead of quarterly earnings report next week
- Genesis looking into use of underwater drones to check hydro tunnels
- Dismisses idea of nuclear energy as an option for NZ
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.