Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – March 2022
Welcome to the March 2022 edition of Sharesight’s monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX during the month.
In this snapshot, buy trades were strongly led by Smartshares’ US 500 (NZX: USF) and NZ Top 50 (NZX: FNZ) ETFs. In terms of individual equities, trades were led by Mainfreight (NZX: MFT), which saw its share price rise amid volatile market conditions, followed by Air New Zealand (NZX: AIR), which announced one of the biggest capital raises in NZ corporate history. It was an ETF-heavy month overall, with ETFs comprising 15 of the top 20 NZX trades for March.
Let’s look at the news behind the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Mainfreight suspends services in and out of Russia
- Mainfreight MD buys NZ$777k-worth of shares
- Share price jumps 4% amid share market uncertainty
- Air NZ seeking to raise over NZ$2 billion to bolster balance sheet
- Air NZ launches 17-hour direct flight from Auckland to NYC
- NZ govt will continue to support Air NZ cargo flights
- Fisher & Paykel issues soft revenue guidance; warns freight costs are hurting margins
- Fisher & Paykel drags down the NZX following revenue guidance
- Downward slide is over for Fisher & Paykel
- Spark acquires significant share in environmental IoT company Adroit
- Spark appoints new strategy director
- Joins Smart Cities Council Australia New Zealand
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a specific product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. While we use reasonable endeavours to keep the information up-to-date, we make no representation that any information is accurate or up-to-date. If you choose to make use of the content in this article, you do so at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we do not assume any responsibility or liability arising from or connected with your use or reliance on the content on our site. Please check with your adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
How InstructAnt improves client service with Sharesight and AdviserLogic
We talk to InstructAnt, a small accounting and financial planning firm that uses the Sharesight/AdviserLogic integration to improve client service.
Australian ETF distribution components now available for FY22/23
Sharesight now has updated ETF distribution component information for the FY22/23 Australian tax year for most Australian ETFs.
Sharesight product updates – September 2023
Major updates for the past month include the rollout of our new exposure report, plus support for five new brokers and over 80,000 Luxembourg funds.