Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – March 2022
Welcome to the March 2022 edition of Sharesight’s monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX during the month.
In this snapshot, buy trades were strongly led by Smartshares’ US 500 (NZX: USF) and NZ Top 50 (NZX: FNZ) ETFs. In terms of individual equities, trades were led by Mainfreight (NZX: MFT), which saw its share price rise amid volatile market conditions, followed by Air New Zealand (NZX: AIR), which announced one of the biggest capital raises in NZ corporate history. It was an ETF-heavy month overall, with ETFs comprising 15 of the top 20 NZX trades for March.
Top 20 NZX trades March 2022
Let’s look at the news behind the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
Mainfreight (NZX: MFT)
- Mainfreight suspends services in and out of Russia
- Mainfreight MD buys NZ$777k-worth of shares
- Share price jumps 4% amid share market uncertainty
Air New Zealand (NZX: AIR)
- Air NZ seeking to raise over NZ$2 billion to bolster balance sheet
- Air NZ launches 17-hour direct flight from Auckland to NYC
- NZ govt will continue to support Air NZ cargo flights
Fisher & Paykel Healthcare (NZX: FPH)
- Fisher & Paykel issues soft revenue guidance; warns freight costs are hurting margins
- Fisher & Paykel drags down the NZX following revenue guidance
- Downward slide is over for Fisher & Paykel
Spark New Zealand (NZX: SPK)
- Spark acquires significant share in environmental IoT company Adroit
- Spark appoints new strategy director
- Joins Smart Cities Council Australia New Zealand
Track your investment portfolio with Sharesight
Get access to Sharesight20 insights like this by tracking your investment portfolio with Sharesight. Built for the needs of investors like you:
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a specific product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. While we use reasonable endeavours to keep the information up-to-date, we make no representation that any information is accurate or up-to-date. If you choose to make use of the content in this article, you do so at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we do not assume any responsibility or liability arising from or connected with your use or reliance on the content on our site. Please check with your adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
What is debt recycling and how does it work?
Debt recycling is a process that can potentially make you more money by turning non-deductible debt into deductible debt. How does it work? Keep reading.
Top 50 finance and investing podcasts in 2023
The Sharesight team has put together a list of the top 50 investing, personal finance and business news podcasts worldwide.
How one investor uses Sharesight to understand her true performance
Part of our Sharesight customer experience series, this video features Nikky W., an investor who has been tracking her portfolio with Sharesight since 2020.