Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – February 2022
Welcome to the February 2022 edition of Sharesight’s monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX during the month.
In this snapshot, buy trades were strongly led by Smartshares’ US 500 (NZX: USF) and NZ Top 50 (NZX: FNZ) ETFs. At the same time, sell trades were led by Air New Zealand (NZX: AIR), which revealed steep losses for Q2 2021; followed by Mainfreight (NZX: MFT), which produced strong earnings for the financial year. Overall, this month’s top-traded stocks were overwhelmingly led by ETFs, with only six of the top 20 trades attributed to individual equities.
Let’s look at the news behind the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Mainfreight shares surge on the back of soaring profit
- Further profit growth expected in 2022 due to increased pandemic demand
- Mainfreight warns Auckland should expect long freight delivery delays
- Air NZ records NZ$376m loss for Q2 2021; predicts worse to come in 2022
- Plans to relaunch 24 international routes
- Air NZ believes government will extend air freight subsidies
- Ebos posts record half-year earnings results
- Shares rise 3.4% following earnings report
- Ebos helps buoy NZ share market
- Infratil narrows underlying profit guidance range
- Infratil-funded Kao Data plans to open new data centre near London
- Share price up 2.63% as NZX 50 continues to rise
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a specific product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. While we use reasonable endeavours to keep the information up-to-date, we make no representation that any information is accurate or up-to-date. If you choose to make use of the content in this article, you do so at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we do not assume any responsibility or liability arising from or connected with your use or reliance on the content on our site. Please check with your adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – September 2023
Welcome to the September 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX.
Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – September 2023
Welcome to the September 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX.
Get ausbiz market insights in Sharesight
Stay on top of your ASX investments with convenient access to the ausbiz news feed, right in your Sharesight portfolio.