Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – January 2022
Welcome to the January 2022 edition of Sharesight’s monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX during the month.
In this snapshot, buy and sell trades were strongly led by the Smartshares US 500 (NZX: USF) and NZ Top 50 (NZX: FNZ) ETFs. As for individual equities, trades were led by EBOS Group (NZX: EBO), which plans to buy Australian competitor LifeHealthcare; followed by Air New Zealand (NZX: AIR), which made two new executive appointments. Overall, January’s trades were largely dominated by ETFs, with ETFs comprising 13 of the top 20 trades.
Let’s look at the news behind the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- EBOS plans to buy LifeHealthcare for AU$1.16b
- Raises NZ$674m for LifeHealthcare purchase; share price rallies by 2.5%
- EBOS stock slides along with the rest of the NZX50
- Air NZ announces two executive team appointments
- Declared safest airline for 2022, replacing Qantas
- In-flight service paused due to COVID risk
- Investigation into Mainfreight finds logbook and work time breaches by drivers
- Mainfreight MD assures that company will keep trucks at full capacity during Omicron outbreak
- Mainfreight stock drops in NZX50 slide
- Warehouse Group reveals decreased sales in peak Christmas period
- Share price drops following sales update
- CEO divulges plan to address global competitors
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a specific product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. While we use reasonable endeavours to keep the information up-to-date, we make no representation that any information is accurate or up-to-date. If you choose to make use of the content in this article, you do so at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we do not assume any responsibility or liability arising from or connected with your use or reliance on the content on our site. Please check with your adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
How InstructAnt improves client service with Sharesight and AdviserLogic
We talk to InstructAnt, a small accounting and financial planning firm that uses the Sharesight/AdviserLogic integration to improve client service.
Australian ETF distribution components now available for FY22/23
Sharesight now has updated ETF distribution component information for the FY22/23 Australian tax year for most Australian ETFs.
Sharesight product updates – September 2023
Major updates for the past month include the rollout of our new exposure report, plus support for five new brokers and over 80,000 Luxembourg funds.