Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – January 2023
Welcome to the January 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX during the month.
In this snapshot, buy and sell trades were strongly led by the Smartshares US 500 (NZX: USF) and NZ Top 50 (NZX: FNZ) ETFs. In terms of individual stocks, trades were led by The Warehouse Group (NZX: WHS), which received a broker downgrade due to uncertain economic conditions. Trades were followed by Infratil (NZX: IFT), which rallied alongside the rest of the NZX 50 into the new year. It was an ETF-heavy month overall, with 14 of the top 20 trades consisting of ETFs.
Let’s look at the news behind the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Warehouse Group plans to cut 190 jobs at Auckland support office
- Broker downgrades Warehouse Group due to economic uncertainty
- Warehouse Group stock falls along with rest of the NZX 50 as inflation figures loom
- Infratil joins NZ 50 stock rally into 2023
- Infratil commits to establishing science-based emissions reduction targets
- Is Infratil a ‘buy’ in uncertain market conditions?
- Ryman gets approval for AU$317 million Mt Eliza retirement village
- Share price rises despite NZX 50’s downward trend
- Ryman shares rise 18% in a week after being dragged down for months
- Air NZ reports significant passenger growth YoY; outlook positive for 2023
- Plans to increase China flights as restrictions ease, demand grows
- Air NZ passengers stranded in Singapore until March due to Auckland floods
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including performance, portfolio diversity, contribution analysis and future income
- Run tax reports including taxable income (dividends/distributions), capital gains tax (Australia and Canada), traders tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a specific product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. While we use reasonable endeavours to keep the information up-to-date, we make no representation that any information is accurate or up-to-date. If you choose to make use of the content in this article, you do so at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we do not assume any responsibility or liability arising from or connected with your use or reliance on the content on our site. Please check with your adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
How InstructAnt improves client service with Sharesight and AdviserLogic
We talk to InstructAnt, a small accounting and financial planning firm that uses the Sharesight/AdviserLogic integration to improve client service.
Australian ETF distribution components now available for FY22/23
Sharesight now has updated ETF distribution component information for the FY22/23 Australian tax year for most Australian ETFs.
Sharesight product updates – September 2023
Major updates for the past month include the rollout of our new exposure report, plus support for five new brokers and over 80,000 Luxembourg funds.