Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – July 2021
Welcome to the July 2021 edition of Sharesight’s monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX during the month.
In this snapshot, buy trades were strongly led by the Smartshares NZ Top 50 (NZX: FNZ) and US 500 (NZX: USF) ETFs. Meanwhile, sell trades were led by a2 Milk (NZX: ATM) and Auckland International Airport (NZX: AIA), both of which saw their share prices fluctuate throughout July.
Let’s look at the news behind the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- a2 shares drop following Chinese birth policy reforms
- New CPO appointed to a2 executive team
- Shareholders on watch for acquisition updates and Daigou numbers in a2’s upcoming financial report
- Meridian to collaborate with Contact Energy on world’s largest green hydrogen plant in NZ
- Concerns Meridian could be forced to shed assets due to market concentration
- Reveals plans to redesign and construct refineries to be cleaner and more efficient
- AIA share price propelled by Sydney Airport takeover bid
- Rising AIA share price boosts the NZX50
- Share price grows 6% on reinstated travel bubble with Australia
- Proposed Mornington Peninsula development rejected by VCAT
- Retirement village unit prices could grow 8% this year
- Ryman names new Melbourne retirement village after Indigenous leader Deborah Cheetham AO
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. Always check with your financial adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
See what’s inside your ETFs with Sharesight’s exposure report
See inside your ETFs and get the full picture of your investment portfolio's composition with Sharesight's exposure report.
How KmacD Financial streamlines reporting and saves time with Sharesight
We talk to financial planning firm KmacD Financial about how the Sharesight-AdviserLogic integration helps them save time and streamline client reporting.
Sharesight product updates – November 2023
The focus over the past month has been on implementing additional feature ideas relating to our new (beta) exposure report.