Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – January 2023
Welcome to the January 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks on the Nasdaq, NYSE and NYSE American market (AMEX) over the month.
In this snapshot, buy and sell trades were strongly led by Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA), which saw its share price skyrocket throughout the month. Trades were followed by Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL), which is expected to miss earnings targets in its upcoming Q1 results. It was a strong month for tech stocks overall, with more than half of the top 20 trades consisting of stocks in the technology and e-commerce sectors.
Let’s look at the news behind some of the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Tesla’s Q4 net income grows by 59%; slower growth expected in 2023
- Analysts revise Tesla price targets following Musk’s bullish demand comments
- Tesla stock has its best week since May 2013
- Apple expected to report weak Q1 results
- Apple stock rises as earnings optimism grows
- Production problems continue to put downward pressure on Apple stock
- Microsoft produces solid quarterly earnings results
- Microsoft Surface sales are plummeting and expected to drop further
- Plans to invest billions in OpenAI
- Amazon to lay off another 18,000 employees
- Amazon share price on watch ahead of Q4 results
- Could Amazon become a $2 trillion company this year?
- Alibaba stock falls on speculation of HQ move to Singapore
- Ant Group founder Jack Ma to relinquish control of company
- Stock surges following positive Chinese policy news
- Meta fined €390 million for breaking EU data rules
- Speculation of more layoffs ahead for Meta staff
- Meta plans to kill off experimental social app Move
- Rocket Lab completes first US launch after years of delays
- Share price rises following successful US launch
- Launches subsidiary focused on US defence and intelligence
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including performance, portfolio diversity, contribution analysis and future income
- Run tax reports including taxable income (dividends/distributions), capital gains tax (Australia and Canada), traders tax (capital gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a specific product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. While we use reasonable endeavours to keep the information up-to-date, we make no representation that any information is accurate or up-to-date. If you choose to make use of the content in this article, you do so at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we do not assume any responsibility or liability arising from or connected with your use or reliance on the content on our site. Please check with your adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – September 2023
Welcome to the September 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX.
Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – September 2023
Welcome to the September 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX.
Get ausbiz market insights in Sharesight
Stay on top of your ASX investments with convenient access to the ausbiz news feed, right in your Sharesight portfolio.