Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – January 2024
Welcome to the January 2024 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks on the Nasdaq, NYSE and NYSE American market (AMEX) over the month.
In this snapshot, buy and sell trades were led by Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA), which saw its share price plummet following a disappointing Q4 earnings report. The top trades were followed by Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL), which started 2024 in a rare decline not seen since 1982. It was a tech-dominated month overall, with 13 of the top 20 stocks belonging to the tech, EV, semiconductor, aerospace and e-commerce sectors.
Let’s look at the news behind some of the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Tesla shares drop amid Red sea delays, growing labour costs and price cuts
- Chinese rival BYD overtakes Tesla’s EV sales in Q4 2023
- Share price drops as Tesla’s Q4 revenue and earnings miss expectations
- Apple shares plummet following broker downgrades linked to iPhone sales concerns
- Share price jumps on BoA upgrade citing likely AI boost for iPhones
- Apple shares start the year in rare decline
- NVIDIA share price hits record high
- Share price soars due to growing AI demand
- NVIDIA remains one of the cheapest ways to invest in AI, says analyst
- Microsoft shares rise on news of AI initiatives
- Microsoft briefly dethrones Apple as world’s most valuable company
- Cuts 1,900 employees and hits US$3 trillion market cap
- Realty Income diversifies its portfolio with Spirit Realty acquisition
- Realty Income spent US$9.5 billion on acquisitions in 2023, could spend more in 2024
- Is Realty Income a buy as interest rates fall?
- Analysts across the board name Amazon as one of their top stock picks of 2024
- Amazon share price on watch ahead of earnings report
- EU competition watchdog reportedly plans to block Amazon’s acquisition of iRobot
- Meta spends billions on NVIDIA chips to boost AI infrastructure
- Share price hits record high as Q4 earnings loom
- Meta CEO sold almost half a billion in Meta shares over past two months
Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
Run tax reports including taxable income (dividends/distributions), capital gains tax (Australia and Canada), traders tax (capital gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a specific product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. While we use reasonable endeavours to keep the information up-to-date, we make no representation that any information is accurate or up-to-date. If you choose to make use of the content in this article, you do so at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we do not assume any responsibility or liability arising from or connected with your use or reliance on the content on our site. Please check with your adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Automatically import trades to your portfolio using email
Sharesight makes it easy to access award-winning performance and tax reporting with the ability to automatically import trades to Sharesight via email.
Track your J.P. Morgan trades with Sharesight
Investors trading with J.P. Morgan can automatically track their investment performance by importing their historical trading data to a Sharesight portfolio.
3 ways Sharesight helps Canadians at tax time
Are you a Canadian investor filing taxes for the 2023 financial year? Here are 3 Sharesight features that save Canadian investors time and money at tax time.