Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – April 2022
Welcome to the April 2022 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks on the Nasdaq, NYSE and NYSE American market (AMEX) over the month.
In this snapshot, buy and sell trades were strongly led by Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA), which has lost US$126 billion due to backlash over CEO Elon Musk’s plans to buy Twitter. Trades were followed by Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL), which is expected to release its quarterly earnings report later this month. Overall, this month’s top 20 trades were highly weighted towards tech stocks, with FAANG stocks at the top of the list.
Let’s look at the news behind some of the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Tesla loses US$126 billion as investors worry about Musk’s Twitter takeover
- Tesla announces expansion of virtual power plant to new Australian regions
- Ford plans to challenge Tesla as global EV leader
- Cloud business continues to propel Microsoft, according to Q3 earnings report
- Shares surge following strong Q3 earnings
- Microsoft acquires process mining tech company Minit
- Meta to open physical store in California selling virtual reality products
- Another challenging quarter ahead for Meta
- Zuckerberg plans to develop virtual coins for Facebook and Instagram users
- Netflix shares drop 39% as 200,000 subscribers jump ship
- Plans to crack down on password sharing in response to slowing revenue growth
- Netflix to drop 90% of upcoming Indian content due to poor subscriber numbers and lagging profits
- Pension fund trustees take on Amazon corporate board over mistreatment of warehouse workers
- Amazon permanently lifts mobile phone ban for workers
- Will Amazon’s share price rise following its upcoming stock split?
- Alibaba joins low carbon patent pledge to promote green technology
- Alibaba share price up following central bank’s vow to support businesses
- Stock hits a six-year low as Chinese COVID situation weighs on stock market
- PayPal’s Q1 revenue beats expectations
- PayPal cuts 2022 guidance after slowest Q1 in five years
- Share price rises despite reduced 2022 guidance figures
- Shopify stock plummets 18% in a week following Amazon’s "Buy with Prime" announcement
- Announces 10-for-1 stock split
- Shopify stock down as war weakens consumer sentiment
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.