Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – March 2022
Welcome to the March 2022 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks on the Nasdaq, NYSE and NYSE American market (AMEX) over the month.
In this snapshot, buy and sell trades were led by Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA), which has benefited from rising fuel efficiency penalties against automakers. Trades were followed by Meta (NASDAQ: FB), which has dropped out of the rankings of the world’s 10 most valuable companies, as well as Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL), which is reportedly planning production cuts. It was a Nasdaq-heavy month overall, with the top trades largely spanning the tech, e-commerce and EV sectors.
Top 20 US stock trades March 2022
Let’s look at the news behind some of the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA)
- Tesla cars sold out until 2023 in the US
- Share price jumps on news of potential stock split
- Tesla expected to benefit from growing US fuel efficiency penalties
Meta (NASDAQ: FB)
- Meta is being sued by the ACCC over Facebook crypto scam ads
- Files eight new crypto trademark applications
- Meta drops out of the world’s top 10 most valuable companies
Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL)
- Apple shares have their longest winning streak in a decade
- Share price slides following reports of production cuts
- Rumours that Apple will launch iPhone hardware subscription
Alibaba (NYSE: BABA)
- Alibaba share price hits 52-week low
- Alibaba rallies along with other tech stocks as Shanghai enters lockdown
- Announces US$10 million increase in share repurchase plan
Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN)
- Amazon announces 20-for-1 stock split; US$10 billion share buyback plan
- Could Amazon be headed for its biggest ever quarterly loss?
- Amazon leads megacap tech stock comeback
Shopify (NYSE: SHOP)
- Shopify invests US$13.5 million in carbon removal projects; buys into Australian company Loam Bio
- Down 49% YoY, is there still upside for Shopify?
- Share price rises as COVID surges in Asia and Europe
Nio (NYSE: NIO)
- Investors underwhelmed by Nio’s weak guidance for Q1 2022
- Share price drops 9.5% following Q4 results
- Is Nio stock undervalued?
Track your investment portfolio with Sharesight
Get access to Sharesight20 insights like this by tracking your investment portfolio with Sharesight. Built for the needs of investors like you:
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a specific product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. While we use reasonable endeavours to keep the information up-to-date, we make no representation that any information is accurate or up-to-date. If you choose to make use of the content in this article, you do so at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we do not assume any responsibility or liability arising from or connected with your use or reliance on the content on our site. Please check with your adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Power your financial advice business with Sharesight and AdviserLogic
Sharesight and Morningstar AdviserLogic have partnered to help advisers power their business with comprehensive reporting, research tools, CRM and more.
What is debt recycling and how does it work?
Debt recycling is a process that can potentially make you more money by turning non-deductible debt into deductible debt. How does it work? Keep reading.
Top 50 finance and investing podcasts in 2023
The Sharesight team has put together a list of the top 50 investing, personal finance and business news podcasts worldwide.