Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – March 2022
Welcome to the March 2022 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks on the Nasdaq, NYSE and NYSE American market (AMEX) over the month.
In this snapshot, buy and sell trades were led by Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA), which has benefited from rising fuel efficiency penalties against automakers. Trades were followed by Meta (NASDAQ: FB), which has dropped out of the rankings of the world’s 10 most valuable companies, as well as Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL), which is reportedly planning production cuts. It was a Nasdaq-heavy month overall, with the top trades largely spanning the tech, e-commerce and EV sectors.
Let’s look at the news behind some of the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Tesla cars sold out until 2023 in the US
- Share price jumps on news of potential stock split
- Tesla expected to benefit from growing US fuel efficiency penalties
- Meta is being sued by the ACCC over Facebook crypto scam ads
- Files eight new crypto trademark applications
- Meta drops out of the world’s top 10 most valuable companies
- Apple shares have their longest winning streak in a decade
- Share price slides following reports of production cuts
- Rumours that Apple will launch iPhone hardware subscription
- Alibaba share price hits 52-week low
- Alibaba rallies along with other tech stocks as Shanghai enters lockdown
- Announces US$10 million increase in share repurchase plan
- Amazon announces 20-for-1 stock split; US$10 billion share buyback plan
- Could Amazon be headed for its biggest ever quarterly loss?
- Amazon leads megacap tech stock comeback
- Shopify invests US$13.5 million in carbon removal projects; buys into Australian company Loam Bio
- Down 49% YoY, is there still upside for Shopify?
- Share price rises as COVID surges in Asia and Europe
- Investors underwhelmed by Nio’s weak guidance for Q1 2022
- Share price drops 9.5% following Q4 results
- Is Nio stock undervalued?
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.