Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – February 2022
Welcome to the February 2022 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks on the Nasdaq, NYSE and NYSE American market (AMEX) over the month.
In this snapshot, buy and sell trades were strongly led by Meta (NASDAQ: FB), which has seen its share price nosedive since its recent rebranding; followed by Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA), which has signed a deal with Australian mineral exploration and development company Liontown Resources (ASX: LTR). It was a NASDAQ-heavy month overall, with the majority of users’ top-traded stocks spanning the tech, payments and e-commerce sectors.
Top 20 US stock trades February 2022
Let’s look at the news behind some of the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
Meta (NASDAQ: FB)
- Meta has lost US$500bn since changing its name from Facebook
- Meta flagship app’s userbase grows tenfold in three months
- Zuckerberg unveils new strategy as company pivots towards metaverse
Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA)
- Tesla signs major lithium deal with Liontown Resources
- Tesla and GM plan to expand car insurance business
- Musk donated US$5.7bn-worth of Tesla shares to charity in 2021
Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN)
- Amazon reveals strong Q4 earnings; announces Amazon Prime price increase
- Amazon stock has its best day since 2015 following earnings announcement
- Sues two companies that allegedly acted as fake review brokers
PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL)
- PayPal shuts accounts of 4.5m ‘bad actors’; share price plummets
- Despite epic sell-off, PayPal shares still offer ‘silver linings’, says analyst
- PayPal’s Q1 guidance falls below analyst expectations
Block (NASDAQ: SQ)
- Block has officially acquired all issued Afterpay shares
- Block shares have plunged 65% from 2021 highs
- Block shares are undervalued following sell-off, says analyst
Alibaba (NYSE: BABA)
- All eyes on Alibaba share price with Q4 earnings report coming up
- Alibaba added to US list of markets notorious for counterfeiting and piracy
- Stock falls on speculation of further regulatory crackdowns
Alphabet (NASDAQ: GOOGL)
- Alphabet beats earnings expectations; attributes growth to seasonal online shopping surge
- Alphabet announces 20-for-1 stock split
- Stock hits record high before plummeting 13%
Rocket Lab (NASDAQ: RKLB)
- Rocket Lab share price on watch ahead of quarterly earnings report
- Plans to expand facilities in Colorado
- Rocket lab moves up launch of earth imaging company Synspective
Track your investment portfolio with Sharesight
Get access to Sharesight20 insights like this by tracking your investment portfolio with Sharesight. Built for the needs of investors like you:
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a specific product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. While we use reasonable endeavours to keep the information up-to-date, we make no representation that any information is accurate or up-to-date. If you choose to make use of the content in this article, you do so at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we do not assume any responsibility or liability arising from or connected with your use or reliance on the content on our site. Please check with your adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Power your financial advice business with Sharesight and AdviserLogic
Sharesight and Morningstar AdviserLogic have partnered to help advisers power their business with comprehensive reporting, research tools, CRM and more.
What is debt recycling and how does it work?
Debt recycling is a process that can potentially make you more money by turning non-deductible debt into deductible debt. How does it work? Keep reading.
Top 50 finance and investing podcasts in 2023
The Sharesight team has put together a list of the top 50 investing, personal finance and business news podcasts worldwide.