Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – January 2022
Welcome to the January 2022 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks on the Nasdaq, NYSE and NYSE American market (AMEX) over the month.
In this snapshot, buy and sell trades were strongly led by Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA), which announced record profit in its latest earnings report. Trades were followed by Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT), which announced strong earnings buoyed by cloud growth; as well as Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL), which has reclaimed its title as the most-sold smartphone brand in China. Overall, January’s top trades were dominated by tech stocks, with many investors responding to the recent (or upcoming) release of these companies’ earnings reports.
Let’s look at the news behind some of the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Tesla announces record profit and soaring car deliveries
- Share price drops despite record profit; supply chain issues to blame
- California factory produced more cars than any other North American auto factory in 2021
- Microsoft eclipses revenue estimates due to growing demand for cloud services
- Stock rises as Microsoft forecasts continued growth for cloud business
- Microsoft Teams surpasses 270m monthly active users
- Apple stock gains after reclaiming top spot in Chinese smartphone sales
- All eyes on Apple share price ahead of Q1 earnings report
- Analysts bullish on Apple as supply chain issues improve
- Amazon ends program paying workers to praise company online
- Share price at a 10-year low; is it undervalued?
- Leading broker sees 43% upside potential on Amazon stock
- China vows to show ‘no mercy’ in regulatory crackdown impacting Alibaba
- Chinese state media implicates Ant Group in corruption scandal
- Alibaba stock drops in wake of scandal
- Meta plans to let Facebook and Instagram users trade and display NFTs
- Facebook-led crypto project is dissolving; looking for buyer of its assets
- Meta patents mechanical eyeball
- Meta’s plan to offer free internet in developing countries backfires
- Rocket Lab acquires SolAero Holdings to bolster space solar cell production
- Leading broker sees 57% upside for Rocket Lab
- Rocket Lab plans to explore Venus
- PayPal hit with lawsuit over accusations of money theft from users’ frozen accounts
- PayPal stock continues its losing streak as shareholders question company’s ability to hit growth targets
- All eyes on PayPal share price ahead of Q4 earnings report
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a specific product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. While we use reasonable endeavours to keep the information up-to-date, we make no representation that any information is accurate or up-to-date. If you choose to make use of the content in this article, you do so at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we do not assume any responsibility or liability arising from or connected with your use or reliance on the content on our site. Please check with your adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
How InstructAnt improves client service with Sharesight and AdviserLogic
We talk to InstructAnt, a small accounting and financial planning firm that uses the Sharesight/AdviserLogic integration to improve client service.
Australian ETF distribution components now available for FY22/23
Sharesight now has updated ETF distribution component information for the FY22/23 Australian tax year for most Australian ETFs.
Sharesight product updates – September 2023
Major updates for the past month include the rollout of our new exposure report, plus support for five new brokers and over 80,000 Luxembourg funds.