Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – August 2021
Welcome to the August 2021 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks on the Nasdaq, NYSE and NYSE American market (AMEX) over the month.
In this snapshot, buy trades were strongly led by Alibaba (NYSE: BABA), which has been trading at its lowest price since October 2019. At the same time, sell trades were led by Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA), which has seen renewed interest in its shares following the announcement of a humanoid robot prototype. Overall, this month’s most-traded US stocks consisted mainly of tech stocks, many of which announced strong Q2 2021 results in August.
Let’s look at the news behind some of the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Alibaba stock hits lowest point since October 2019
- Quarterly earnings beat analysts’ expectations
- Alibaba stock jumps as government eases regulatory crackdown
- Apple hits back against CBA CEO’s call for regulation of Apple Pay
- Settlement deal loosens App Store restrictions for small developers
- Apple CEO sells off US$750m-worth of shares
- Tesla announces robot humanoid prototype; says it will ‘likely launch next year’
- Share price drops following news of investigation into safety of Tesla’s self-driving technology
- Share price rallies following Q2 2021 earnings report
- Amazon stock tumbles as investors question its value post-pandemic
- Investors unimpressed with Amazon’s Q2 2021 earnings
- Amazon considering opening its own department stores
- Microsoft stock hits all-time high following subscription price increase announcement
- Price hikes expected to boost revenue by US$5b in fiscal 2022
- Could Microsoft soon become the most valuable Nasdaq stock?
- Nio reports revenue growth of 127% in Q2 2021 earnings report
- Stock drops following Q2 2021 results; reports of fatal crash
- Nio plans to rival Tesla by introducing a new budget brand
- Moderna stock is up 500% YoY
- Japan discards 1.6m Moderna COVID-19 vaccine doses due to contamination
- Stock rises as Moderna submits FDA approval request
- PayPal launches cryptocurrency service for UK customers
- Falls short of revenue expectations in latest earnings report
- PayPal abandons late fees for Pay in 4
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. Always check with your financial adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – September 2023
Welcome to the September 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX.
Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – September 2023
Welcome to the September 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX.
Get ausbiz market insights in Sharesight
Stay on top of your ASX investments with convenient access to the ausbiz news feed, right in your Sharesight portfolio.