Track TD Direct Investing trades using Sharesight
Note: This article refers to TD Direct Investing (Canada). For information about importing trades from TD Direct Investing (Europe), please see this article.
It’s now even easier for Canadians trading with TD Direct Investing to begin tracking the performance of their stock and mutual fund investments using Sharesight. TD Direct Investing clients can now import their trading history directly into Sharesight with our broker import wizard - plus import ongoing trades - unlocking the power of Sharesight’s performance and tax reporting in a few easy steps.
Why use Sharesight with TD Direct Investing?
- Sharesight automatically tracks your daily price & currency fluctuations, as well as handles corporate actions such as dividends and share splits
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful tax reports built for Canadian investors, including Capital Gains Tax and Taxable Income
- Track your TFSA, RRSP and RRIF investment accounts with tax calculations built to CRA rules
Importing your historical TD Direct Investing trading data
Importing your TD Direct Investing trades into Sharesight is easy. All you need to do is:
- Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account
- Download your historical trading data CSV from TD Direct Investing
- Import your historical trades into Sharesight using our broker import wizard
Once your trades are imported, Sharesight will automatically calculate the impact of most corporate actions that impact your portfolio (including dividends and share splits).
Forward your trade confirmation statements to capture ongoing trades
The best way to capture ongoing trades from TD Direct is by forwarding the trade confirmation statements from your brokerage account to your unique Sharesight email address.
Note: As TD Direct does not email trade confirmations to customers, Sharesight users will need to download the statements from their brokerage account and manually forward these to Sharesight. This will ensure all trades are synced to Sharesight, inclusive of corporate actions such as dividends, mergers and stock splits.
Start tracking your TD Direct trades with Sharesight
Thousands of investors like you are already using Sharesight to manage their investment portfolios. What are you waiting for? Sign up and:
- Track all of your investments in one place, including Canadian and international stocks, mutual/managed funds, property and even cryptocurrency
- Automatically track your dividend and distribution income from stocks, ETFs and mutual/managed Funds
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis, Multi-Period, Multi-Currency Valuation and Future Income
- See the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investment performance (and tax) today.
Power your financial advice business with Sharesight and AdviserLogic
Sharesight and Morningstar AdviserLogic have partnered to help advisers power their business with comprehensive reporting, research tools, CRM and more.
What is debt recycling and how does it work?
Debt recycling is a process that can potentially make you more money by turning non-deductible debt into deductible debt. How does it work? Keep reading.
Top 50 finance and investing podcasts in 2023
The Sharesight team has put together a list of the top 50 investing, personal finance and business news podcasts worldwide.